Guildes are going to be the worst in this TLP and here is why.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 8, 2021.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure but you could also say it rewards the people who are willing to spend the most on krono.
  2. Froger Lorekeeper

sounds like both
  3. Kylo Classic Augur

Life rewards those with more money.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well EQ is a game and most people seem to want to avoid the pay to win which GKDP seems to encourage.
    Demetri likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

Yeah, ok fair point. I retract my comment. I was a little tipsy when I wrote it anyway. Apologies.
  6. Elabone Augur

As someone who has been a DKP officer in a guild. I would find it very interesting to see how youre able to just add ticks without somoene noticing. People keep an eye on DKP like its going out of business. I spent more time answering disputes than I did recording DKP.

With that being said, taking a cut of a GDKP pug run makes sense to me. Taking a cut from a guild run does not. If you decided to utilize ANY OTHER loot system, you would not have a cut and would have to do the same work.

The only argument I could see being effective would be if you are always declaring the price of krono before raid. ie. Raid starts all krono valued at 12k. That way you are making up for the fluctuations in the market. But saying "its hard work" is not an excuse to take a cut lol.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  7. Lejaun Augur

I'm not even sure why this is a debate, still. Well, other than the "we have to argue on the net with anything we disagree with and must win the argument" mentality.

Like DKP? Join one of the dozens of DKP guilds. Like plat raids? Join the guilds that will do them. Some of you are pretty much arguing about your favorite color and how the other person is wrong because they choose blue and you chose red. Then you have the people who say black and another group saying how it isn't even a color.
    Froger likes this.
  8. yerm Augur

If your guild is the only guild on the server this sounds like a problem. When there are other guilds, goods for sale, a whole market economy? People bringing in outside money and driving up the price on a raid cause everyone on the raid to have more relative loot buying power after the money gets split. The guild very literally gets more geared when people spend like whales.

Nothing to apologize for, you made fair points!
    Machen likes this.
  9. Gio1999 Augur

You still get collusion, threats and tight knit people trying to influence bidding in normal dkp systems with no drop loot. I had a ranger and his friend start sending me vague threats and insults on the last TLP because I bid him up on an item he was going to win due to having more dkp. Apparently I was just supposed to let him have the drop instead of making sure he paid the most possible for it.

This was a smaller guild too... you know the "small elite" type of guilds.... that turn out to be just like the larger guilds, but with attendance issues.
  10. Lejaun Augur

Been there, done that. "Friendly" guild members who send harassing tells because you won an item with your DKP and they or their friend lost because they thought they could get it for cheap.

Every guild has its problems. Even the ones that seem the nicest on the server have at least one jerk (either to its own members or to others). Even the worst, nastiest guilds have a few people at least who are very nice and considerate of others.