Foraging/Finding Polished Quartz

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Snowverlord, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I foraged a polished quartz tonight in The Royal Observatory, and an Amethyst in Antiquated Palace.. on my 64 Berzerker who has horrible forage skills.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Foraging seemed rare to me found more in chest vases ect. Ill have to check it out again when my adventure points run low.

Andarriel
  3. Mims Augur

The advantage to getting a trophy at a higher trade skill level is that your trophy will be further evolved. Make sure you get all the items from the 2 NPCs in WFP. I can't remember what it's called, but you get something that will up the level of your trophy.
  4. Aanuvane Augur

If you get the trophy at 54 - you will hit the trophy's next level before you've achieved the corresponding skill level in most instances. I would never suggest that going through the pain/cost of acquiring something a uncommon/rare drop or forage for the later trophies is worth not just getting the trophy at 54. Additionally, unless you've acquired one of the rare, dropped TS modifiers, you'll get better skill bumps than using geerloks after you hit journeyman.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

While true factually, it's meaningless. It's still better to make the trophy at a low skill level. Once you have it, it levels as fast or faster than the actual tradeskill. And for instances where it doesn't, once you're at a spot where the trophy is "behind", you then gain a bonus to leveling it, so it catches up very quickly.

Do the trophy while it's easy (and cheap).
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  6. Perihelion Journeyman

Thanks for this.....I have been foraging in the Takish-Hiz adventure instances where three toons required including merc for 3 weeks with no luck.
    BTW, created a second account and bought a Heroic toon so I could get the adventure access to do this =/.
    The instances you list above require 6 players to enter don't they? If not, how do I access them with only two accounts?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, none of those listed require 6. They are the same ones you have been doing. LDON adventures which only need 3.

These are the raids for No Ro Ldon.

LDoN Raid: Takish-Hiz: Sunken Library
    LDoN Raid: Takish-Hiz: The Palace Grounds
    LDoN Raid: Takish-Hiz: Within the Compact

Are you killing mobs and checking all the barrels and crates?

You make a group with yourself and your merc and then log in your second account and invite that character. You can run way more than 1 account at a time.
  8. Nolrog Augur

In the LDON era, you could also find these kinds of things (gargoyle granite, etc) for sale as well. I would check the typical vendors periodically to pick some up.
  9. Mims Augur

I wasn't advocating for leveling up tradeskills before getting the trophy. I think that is a mistake. I was just trying to point out, that if you have ALREADY leveled them w/o a trophy, all is not lost.
  10. Perihelion Journeyman

I am sure there is an easy answer to this that I am not seeing......I am at the the North Ro Magus, Merchants and Recruiters camp tonight....when I right click on Escon the "Adventure Recruiter" a box comes up with two dropdowns. The first dropdown allows you to select risk: Normal or High. The second dropdown allows you to select an adventure Type: Random, Single Boss, Mob count, Collection or Rescue. After these are selected you press the "Request Adventure" button and are given dialog about the Adventure. There is no mention of the Raids listed above.
    Similarly, if I hail the "Raid Recruiters" Tarakix, Efrelle or Dizzl and confirm I am interested in helping, all reply "You do not meet the player count requirement. You must have at least 6."
    BTW, if you Google search the phrase "Takish-Hiz: Sunken Library", an Allakhazam Raid Description comes up indicating Tarakix is raid provider with the following admonition "Min. # of players 6."
    ???
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

• Takish-Hiz: The Balancing Chamber
    • Takish-Hiz: The Fading Temple
    • Takish-Hiz: The Prismatic Corridors
    • Takish-Hiz: The River of Recollection
    • Takish-Hiz: The Royal Observatory
    • Takish-Hiz: The Sweeping Tides
    these are the 6 non raid adventures where you can forage to your heart's content for about 2 hours each before getting kicked out. I get the mass kill quests, kill all but whatever the last # is, say its 57, I kill 56. then I just forage til the timer is about to run out, kill the rest of the zone, and have about 30 minutes after the mission to keep foraging.
    Andarriel and Nennius like this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

It may be obvious, but the same method works well for lots of things that are best acquired in LDON missions. I used this method a lot to help max my Artisan's prize.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, that is what I posted. :)

These are the raids for No Ro Ldon.

LDoN Raid: Takish-Hiz: Sunken Library
    LDoN Raid: Takish-Hiz: The Palace Grounds
    LDoN Raid: Takish-Hiz: Within the Compact
  14. Perihelion Journeyman

If you click on the links you provide for a three player adventure you are taken to a site stating the minimum is 6. Without further clarification which appears to be wanting...on the face of it one of you is right and one is wrong.
    With regard to my other question, according to a Senior GM, the adventures you post are not click-on selections from the Adventure Merchant: "These adventures are not titled in game. Once you have accepted the adventure from Escon, you'll be granted a random quest for Takish-Hiz".
    In other words, the graphical user interface allows you to select Risk and Type only - not the adventures posted by name.
    Hope this helps others!
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

[IMG]

Got 2 from a vase can also get from foraging as i have done. ive only seen from vases boxes chest ect not from actual mobs.

Andarriel
  16. Perihelion Journeyman

Nice...thanks
  17. Perihelion Journeyman

Have not seen a chest/barrel/vase in several Takish-Hiz adventures...are they foraged or a drop from certain mob? Thanks for your help!
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

chest/barrel and vases dont always appear in the missions just if you see them break them up as they have a chance to drop polished they can also drop items that give you adv points i got the best one i ever seen it gave me 300 points. Can also forage them but can be rare although ive double foraged the polished a few times. Never seen drop off mobs. Ive gotten like 35 doing like 25 adventures just foraging like 5 times a mission and breaking any chest/barr/vases that ive seen.

Andarriel
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Here's a pic of me getting the 300 points.

[IMG]

Andarriel
  20. Perihelion Journeyman

Have not seen chests/barrel/vase items in LDON Takish-hiz........where have you found them...in center pit area, near port to Elddar forest, near zone in from RO? Have tried several adventures (with my Bard maxed at 115 forage skill) and foraged for about 6 hours now with no luck...just desiccated food and roots and branches.