Loot Level Range for TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cthree, May 17, 2021.

1. Cthree New Member

Rare NPCs will drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.

Has there been any comment or discussion about the level range that mobs pull from? is it same level, 1 level, 3 levels? curious since it affects leveling tracks
  2. FAQ Test New Member

There is no official comments so there can be no official mistakes.
    Bardy McFly and Tweakfour17 like this.
  3. Laronk Augur

it likely is going to depend on expansion, a 3 level range might not be big in classic but in later expansions its a pretty big range.
  4. Thrawnseg Augur

As someone famous once said..

LEARN.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

6. HoodenShuklak Augur

People that play EverQuest don't want to play a new game. They don't want to learn a new game. Many would argue they lack the means to even do such things.

We need Almar, Rasper, and Bibbybick to get together and get a full dossier on Mischief so that we all don't just drown in our own incompetence.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  7. Zanarnar Augur

I think they're intentionally vague. If I was asked to guess at this point? I'd say they grouped the mobs every 5 levels (so 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc, etc) until POP. Once pop lands I would expect it to be 1 level ranges, and to keep that going forward.

I'm probably wrong, but as they say, only time will tell.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Pretty much my belief as well. Need a fairly large range in classic otherwise the low level named would have maybe 1-2 other rares on their table whereas content after around DoDH the named might have a max of 5 level spread throughout the entire expansion.

My gut tells me that randomization is only going to be Classic->PoP but I hope I'm wrong.
  9. Bardy McFly Augur

If they don't officially state mechanics then they can silently hotfix them as problems are discovered.
    Appren, Kywen and Tweakfour17 like this.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

For sure, Naggy loot dropped off Fippy? Hotfix then say "haha mischief!". Naggy dropped a bunch of TS mats? " haha mischief!", some people got 4 FBSS from a 1 trash mob, "haha mischief!"
    Kywen and Bardy McFly like this.
  11. Elabone Augur

I was told by someone on the inside that they were specifically vague, so that our minds would run wild and perhaps point out things that would potentially be an issue before launch. Like a forum Beta Test.

Take it for what its worth they are watching the forums though.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Makes sense, first thing alot of people's minds went to was poSky. Both the nightmare of completing quests if the loot was spread across the entire expac and the fact that some raid mobs could be infinitely spawned and would be if they were dropping cloak of flames or dragon scales.
    Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  13. Lateryn Augur

I would do forever farm of sister/spiroc if it could drop any raid item. If not, no thanks.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  14. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Once you get beyond PoP almost everything fits nicely into tiers and I'd expect shared tables to stay inside the tier instead of level based. TSS for example, all rares in Ashengate/Frostcrypt are shared, all rares in Direwind/Valdeholm is another shared set, Icefall/Vergalid for a third set, etc
    Skuz and Bardy McFly like this.
  15. Smakk Journeyman

I just hope simple things are easier to get in the beginning. Like the two rare mobs in QH, Hadden is level 28, Pyzjn is only 13 but both perma camped for the first 3 expansions for the EB earring and GBS. So any named/rare level 28 or 13 can drop those items? Someone is going to have to start a list of what crazy things are dropping from which mobs...
  16. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Hadden is not a rare spawn though, just a normal NPC with a long- respawn timer.
    Pyzin - a dev posted on forums ~10 years ago, on the spawn mechanisim for Pyzin, AC in Sro, etc.
    Pyzin is perma camped now by ranger/druids who know how to spawn it etc.
  17. sumnayin Augur

Why would you want that? As soon as you have a list then all of the botters will be perma-camping the good spots. Anyways, I can't wait to see how fast this server dies from the mass amounts of cheating and afk-farming they won't prevent. Just like how at this moment i'm a little pissed because I went to camp something on Aradune and a 6-boxer is camping the area and if I report him with video i'd probably get suspended before he did.
  18. Nolrog Augur

The fact that there seems to be so much excitement for this server would suggest that is not true.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Nolrog Augur

Good point. I though of that as well, but wasn't sure exactly when it would slot in like that.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Hope you have a few years.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.