Test Update 05/11/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 11, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any plans to add rewards for hunter to the achievments before Gates of Discord?

Many of these are harder to obtain than the ones that come afterwards.
  2. Orbital101 Augur

May as well remove Jardel's Hook and Suncrest Isle instances out of hunter when they update from The burried Sea o_O
    [IMG]
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Depends on what part of the dps. Riposte is one issue, not sure of a good way to get around that one in a fair all around way. Feels like nerf or don't nerf.

Burst dps (like zland mission burns in particular or cycling missions where everyone's burns are up for them all (mostly)) is another issue, but the problem is the tank dps stuff is mostly long reuse compared to caster and many melee dps. If the group event was 5x as long it would be a different story, more like raid balance.

Passive melee dps is so high because melee dps is so high passively in general, and there are so many synergies that affect it. That does seem unbalanced. But people have been asking to move some passive dps to activated abilities for years, to reward people more actively playing, but devs don't seem interested. Plus, when we do get activated things, they tend to be underpowered and then fall further behind every year until something gets added. Like, 10 years ago nukes and procs were like 40% of a paladin dps, now its like 12%. Our nukes lucky crit for like 100-130k or whatever, which is nothing these days when a normal crit with a 2her is like 2-3 times that and happens constantly.

I've always thought it would be cool and fair if they looked at those swift dot concepts more, where it did less on raid mobs. Not that particular mechanic, but the sentiment behind it.

Like, what about:

1) Long recast super high damage dot with reduced duration, where the damage was balanced to the recast. So if you use on a raid mob, its just as good as before, just won't be on the named 24/7, but you can pop it in group content and front load your dps

2) Same thing for nuke casters, a super high damage long recast nuke, just balance recast to damage. Or maybe use the manaburn code, where it puts a debuff on the mob not letting you use the spell again, so not really good for raids, but work it so its great for a wizard/mage in a group doing regular content, where they get 1 nuke off per add that way (debuff on mob is balance not a nerfed recast).

Those kind of things, if balanced with the simple math, would give tools that either were neutral to raiding necros or just immaterial in that context, but would let those casters front load damage quickly in group situations where things die too fast.

Would not solve the burst issue where ability recasts become moot because you're moving from mission to mission, but in a grind group it would do a lot to equalize total dps if balanced right.

Just some rambling thoughts that I didn't spend much time on, but its what came to mind.
  4. Password1234 Augur

Excited to hear that those bags I deleted years ago would be usable now if I had any way of getting them back.
    Angahran, Velisaris_MS and RPoo like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any changes up and coming to Aaryonar raid?

The same number of guilds have beaten Aaryonar as have beaten Defenders. Defenders is being made easier in the patch but there is no mention of Aaryonar despite it being a lower tier of raid and having bugs reported that need fixing.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What bugs still need to be fixed on that raid?
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

9. Qimble Augur

Unless I'm misreading, aren't people in that thread saying that it is randomly hitting people no matter where they hide?

And regarding tank vs necro DPS in a group setting:
    If you're grinding on trash that lives for ~12 seconds, yes a tank might beat you out consistently now that they've nerfed your AE. But if you're getting beaten on missions you either aren't trying or are doing something wrong. (or it's zlandicar and you've got a pally tank, and who really cares about performance on Zlandicar?)
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are ways top get around it and I haven't heard people complain about the silence in our weekly kills but I could be missing it.
  11. Sancus Augur

Confirmed this fix is working on test. Thanks for addressing it :)