What are the truebox rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loviticus, May 17, 2021.

1. Loviticus Elder

I understood that the truebox servers meant you were not allowed to box more than 1 additional character. Yet we have guilds advertising that they specifically plan to, and encourage others to, break that rule. It's not just one guild - having played many of the TLP servers I know that plenty of people are breaking this rule.

Does Daybreak police the game so poorly that people feel comfortable coming here and flouting the rules? Or do I misunderstand the truebox rules?
  2. Kylo Classic Augur

You are wrong.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Truebox means you have to use separate PC's for each character. The Aradune server specifically was designated as having a two-box limit. The other Truebox servers don't have that extra restriction.
    Vindaven likes this.
  4. Chopsuey Augur

Truebox only means you can't play multiple characters on one PC. As long as you have a PC for each character you can box as many as you want. Aradune has been the only server to have the 1 box limit.
    You misunderstood.
  5. Lateryn Augur

You should educated yourself before making such an embarrassing post.
    Baratu likes this.
  6. Greebo Journeyman

The two box limit is just for Aradune, not for the new servers. You will still need one pc per char though.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Should limit some people to 0 at times.
    Thewiz likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Some people educate themselves by asking questions.
    Loze and Bardy McFly like this.
  9. Kalipto Augur

Imagine that! hah. Some people get defensive so easily. It's pretty sad.

I was under the same impression as the OP until this post. I guess posting "stupid questions" is one of the ways in which a community learns. You have to admit, finding any official data about EQ is a challenge. It's easier just to ask your question and take your beating from the halfwits.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I think there's a big difference between asking a question and starting a witch-hunt without having all the details. Had they left out that part I doubt the response they gotten would have been as heated. These are the people sending in petitions when they see someone boxing 3 characters on Rizlona or even 2 characters on Aradune because the rules they didn't read aren't the same as the rules they made up in their head.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You're right, but also had people read the entire post instead of their attention-span waning after reading something that inflamed them.

They may have got to this part.

Looks like a few never got that far before they unsheathed their forum-daggers.

Some better reading skills all around wouldn't go amiss.
    Bardy McFly and Tweakfour17 like this.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

In defense of the forum-daggers the OP did also state they played multiple TLPs in the past so I'm not sure how they came to the idea that it was max 2 toons. If it was an ex-P99er or someone returning from years and years ago maybe strictly for Aradune then maybe I could see it but anyone whose played on multiple TLP should understand whats what. With all the trolling posts lately this could be some kind of Trolling Recruitment for the guild, I'll admit I clicked the link and read about them to see what this post was referring to. No such thing as bad publicity?
    Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good point.

How would anyone have played any TLP prior to Aradune at all & not known this? I guess it could happen, I guess not everyone really understands a server ruleset when they start on a new TLP since the forums are only a vocal minority of players.
    If you are a regular forum poster/reader you may accidentally fall into the trap of thinking everyone reads the server ruleset before jumping in but probably a whole bunch of folks out there don't.
    Some people don't research stuff, it amazes me that even today there are people who have played for years yet have never used Allakhazam but that happens too.
    Bardy McFly and Tweakfour17 like this.
  14. Nolrog Augur

What an unbelievably unhelpful response. Why bother posting if you are just going to say you are wrong and not explain why?
    Loze likes this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

I'm sure he was confused with the Aradune rules, and didn't realize that was specific to that server.
  16. Knarf New Member

I have played on every tlp launch ever made. I didn't know what the truebox rules were. I never boxed, and never had any interest in doing so. Why would I care what the exact rules were? Bottom line is the tone of your response was childish and uncalled for.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

In what way? I even defended the guy when I said that people learn by asking questions in a previous post in this thread. People are jumping on the guy and all I said was I'm not sure how he managed to play multiple TLP and not understand the ruleset. I'm not sure how you did either, I've never played on Ragefire for example but I have a basic understanding of its ruleset. To play every single TLP and not know what Truebox means is super confusing to me.
    Bardy McFly, Skuz and Elabone like this.
  18. Elabone Augur

Im gonna go ahead and call BS on this one. Even if you had no intentions on boxing, you still knew the rules. If you have played on every TLP, you were aware of the rules when you joined them. Nice try though.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Isn't that what he's doing?
    Loze, Bardy McFly, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  20. Machen New Member

Dude has been on the forums since 2015. He knows the truebox rules. He is trolling. Just about everyone in this thread bit.
    Kylo Classic likes this.