Palidan with mage box

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by wagz, May 13, 2021.

1. wagz Casual - Innoruuk origin

Just looking for feed back.
    Thinking about coming back to try the new TLP. Wondering if a Paladin main with mage box would work. I love playing a pali, but with starting out in classic it’s a rough go until geared. With a mage (for instance a lvl five pet at mage lvl 2), I would be able to effectively box if I didn’t have time to group ( I don’t like joining or creating a group to only play for 1/2 an hour and bounce). I’ve mained a mage and didn’t have issues soloing, but will this set up really add a lot, or would I be better off doing a pali with a Druid or shaman for effectiveness of farming and soloing blues? A mage seems like and easy hot key setup for pet and occasional nuke, and pet could off tank with Pali heals if needed.

Not interested in a bard or enchanter though.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Mage would be easy and faster leveling. A druid would be better once you're max level. A shaman would be better a couple expansions down the road.

Paladins are just under powered early on, even with the QoL improvements like the lower level stuns they added in. Just gotta power through and then we get better and better (raid value fluctuates but a well played paladin is usually welcome at all times) as more and more abilities get added and give us more and more flexibility.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Paladin Shaman Magician

If you are going to box with a pal on TLP you really need 3 it makes it alot easier when you have to do stuff yourself, especially once augs become a thing and you need to hold down camps in RSS, AG/FC, and SOF zones by yourself.