Class? + Druid box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jakuk, May 15, 2021.

1. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Trying to figure out what classes are best with a druid box for boxing most group content now until Live? Would appreciate someone's advice on what those classes can do if paired with a druid.
  2. Neuro Elder

Best would be enchanter. Second best would be Mage or Necro.
    Bardy McFly, code-zero and Appren like this.
  3. Ultrazen Augur

1. Chanter/Druid. Best 2 box in the game probably, but you have to rely on charm which can get tedious when you are on your 108u98349834th mob. You can root and dot with chanter/druid, but it's certainly slower.

2. Mage/Druid. Great 2 box, especially outdoors when you can harmony pull. Not great in multiple add situations as kiting or root are your only options.

3. Monk/Druid. A very very good combo, especially if you like melee classes. Casters usually have a leg up on new servers because of relative power vs gear, but monks avoid that. Harmony pull outdoors, FD pull in dungeons. Monk with a damage shield burns through stuff pretty quickly. To me, the most "relaxing" duo.

Those are top 3 for me. You can put just about anything with a druid as a second box and make it work though, druids are fantastic 2nd box characters.
    Bardy McFly and code-zero like this.
  4. Mithra Augur

necro/druid will let you kill efficiently, not so much dungeon/group content. this duo will get very strong in later expansions
  5. Xazier Elder

SK/Shaman will be a better long term duo by far beats anything else in the game
  6. Exedor New Member

Beastlord 100% if you’re on a server with Luclin unlocked.

If starting at classic don’t overlook shamans cause they can totally tank slowed mobs and your dots and buffs go well with the druid. Just prioritize AC and HP #1 on him after focuses.

You’ll be root-rot kings but still have slow for the namers that would be out of your league otherwise.
  7. Pelrond Elder

Druid/Ranger. RPG bliss.
  8. Thewiz Augur

Anyone have any experience with an SK/Druid 2 box?
    code-zero and Demetri like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm planning druid and necro, was going to do enchanter but that is too much work, but will use one or the other to PL a chanter up just for TS stuffs.
    Pelrond likes this.
  10. Lejaun Augur

Early on, a melee + druid is a great combo. The druid buffs/heals/transportation makes melee life much more pleasant. Druids are also great for powering up your future alts.
  11. Numiko Augur

I've done it, but I would pick Shaman or even a Cleric over the druid, you loose haste and slow, yes you gain Damage Shields, and early on those are very effective, but after 50 they loose their shine and lack of Slow/haste is a killer.
  12. Demetri Augur

As Numiko covered - I'm doing that exact set but my wife is playing ENC and BRD - so the buff losses aren't noticeable for me. If you're planning to just duo without others, it will be an impairment longterm.

But it's quite manageable if you intend to group and make friends that fulfill such roles.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Bardy McFly Augur

The ability to port and sow yourself can't be emphasized enough. You don't have a pocket rez, but I would hope people spend more time traveling than dying.