Good's Maps Pack

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Updated the main pack with CoV layer 2 and 3, the CoV only maps with all layers and added the Collection pack.

Merry Christmas everyone and wishing you all a joyful holiday.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Merry Christmas to you too!
  3. xcitng Augur

hope you had a merry christmas the new year is your best ever!!
  4. OldCa61 Augur

Thanks for the Maps, they have saved my life :)
    Happy New Year !!!
  5. FranktheBank Augur

I am also upset that he mentioned donations. Making maps is easy and not omega time consuming and super tedious at all.
  6. Angahran Augur

So feel free to make your own maps and not use Good's.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

When are your maps coming out? The public who are grateful that Good's maps are there are waiting for your contribution to the overall community.
    Gyurika Godofwar and xcitng like this.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Their comment had to be satire. Right?
    Tatanka likes this.
  9. Astral64 Augur

They ate the onion.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  10. Orbital101 Augur

Hello everyone! I updated the pack with the new hunter that will go live next patch. I was mostly missing those that started with a 'a or a 'an. I had to skip Sverag for now and will most likely start with this one once it goes live for reason that you will soon discover!
    I should be missing 4 or 5 rares total out of the 9 expansions:
    PoR: Zone Relic: a relic crushpile, a raging spellstream, a walking bonepile
    Serpent's Spine: Zone Goru'Kar Mesa: Lup Calae
    If you have any information on those 4 plz let me know

I also suspect that a lot of rares not listed on the achievement tag will be added in the futur so I will update them as they get added(If they are not already there)

Consider (??),(NL) or (NA) at the end of the label as not confirmed and I just planted a label at the nearest loc that I could find which could be wrong so let me know on those as well.

a * mean that it is roaming and a + mean that there a good chance that everything in the area around that label is a ph. if there are more then 4 PH then thats what I usually use instead of bombarding my maps with labels

I also added my newest map to the pack: Zhisza, the Shissar Sanctuary
    [IMG]
    That got sadly exluded from the hunter for unknown reason...

That is it for now and happy hunting!
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

So glad you posted this today, I just got a new PC and was dreading looking through pages of the forum to find this post for the link.
    Jennre likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Top right of page "Watch Thread" helps.
    Fanra and Velisaris_MS like this.
  13. Metanis Bad Company

Just copy your EQ folder to an external drive or flash key, then copy it to your new PC. There's no reason to ever lose your EQ stuff. I'm still running on my original installation from January, 2000. I just keep copying it forward as I change computers.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

Thank you Goodurden, you're the best!
  15. Angahran Augur

And remember, NEVER NEVER NEVER install EQ to the 'default' location!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Metanis like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

me, too :)

Why's that?

And which default? I still keep it where it was the default in 2000 (Program Files x86), which requires starting it in admin mode :) I think newer installs go in "My Games" or something like that.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This one I cannot answer.
    C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest
  18. skabe Elder

Creating a folder directly on C:/ so the path is C:/Everquest then installing the game at that location has proven to reduce lag, be easier to locate, etc for some systems
  19. Angahran Augur

EQ defaults to installing to Windows's user folders, the issue is Windows has screwy rules on allowing other programs to modify files in that folder structure which can play havoc with running EQ.

It is much safer to create a separate location, e.g. C:\Games\EverQuest\ to install EQ to.
    (I actually have 3 installs, EverQuest, EverTest and BetaQuest.for live, test and beta servers.)

Basically, EQ and Windows don't always play nice together so keep them separated :p

p.s. also remember to exclude your EQ folder from any security or antivirus scanning, and Windows indexing.
  20. Astral64 Augur