please devs make a boxing server as a 3rd tlp option.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 13, 2021.

1. Bardy McFly Augur

So? If nobody speaks their mind passionately for what they want, then nobody knows how much and how many care for something.

Ironically, I'm one of the vocal few that was VERY vocal early in TLPs for both Trueboxing and the Agents of Change concepts. Championing for those things weren't for naught and it brought a better game for the efforts. Sadly it also bit me in the long run because I didn't expect Truebox to take over almost every server and become the only option.

What I don't get is people telling other people how to play and how to enjoy a game. If they add a boxing server and you don't play on it, why do you care? It's people that wouldn't be on your server anyway.
    mark likes this.
  2. Bardy McFly Augur

I've stated ad nauseum that I have wanted a FV ruleset since before Ragerfire was even released. Random loot makes it doubly desirable.

I have a fully up and running local emuserver that I can do, and do, boxing and whatever rules I want. I think what non-boxers don't understand is that we DON'T want to be anti-social. If all I cared about was true solo play I'd either stick to my local emuserver and be happy or go play Skyrim or something. Boxers just want the ability to CHOOSE when to be social. We also enjoy chatting with others in game even if we are not grouping or raiding together. There is also the excitement of the trade market that just does not matter or happen truly playing EQ solo (and no I don't mean RMT - I have never received a Krono in trade for anything in all my EQ years of play, nor used one for any subscription).
    mark and Elite_raider like this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Uh.... that's exactly what he said.
  4. Lejaun Augur

It's the internet. People can't stand to let someone else be right and/or have to try to pick an argument.
  5. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

I am not sure what to include that I didn't say before.
  6. mark Augur

when aradune went live a lot of people tried to log in for weeks a lot of those people trickled to rizlona,over time when people were able to log into aradune and because of the toxic nature of the server the trickle continued to rizlona,i belive there enough of a population wanting to play the new tlp that maybe a third server his warented so make it a boxing server and lots of people who love boxing with the fv loot systen will play on it.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  7. Bardy McFly Augur

I will say, if they start seeing problems even with two servers and consider a third, the third should definitely have Truebox off. Will we get to that point? TBD. We do know this is probably the most interest there has ever been in a TLP.
  8. Machen New Member

I think it's more a question of "will it be playable" than "is that low enough." If the idea is to ease the server burden, well, 20 active raiding guilds can share a server with relatively low lag/problems, even on expansion launches. 30 would be dicey.

These servers may bring aboout the return of the casual non raider too, so there's that to factor in. There haven't been many of those on recent TLP's.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  9. Machen New Member

But if people want truebox, would that fix the problem?

There were quite a few rerolls from Aradune to Rizlona, but I can't help think most of them would have rerolled on a truebox overflow server if they had that option.
  10. Bardy McFly Augur

And that is apparently what Thornblade is for. At some point they should cater to the boxing fans again. Rizlona shouldn't be a 1-off.
  11. Kahna Augur

If Rizlona had been a runaway success it wouldn't have been a one off. Apparently it isn't popular enough for them to consider continuing the unlimited boxing trend. They have access to the real player/account numbers to guide their decisions. They decided the money wasn't there. Sorry.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. mark Augur

remember they kept on saying no fv tlp ever,also they might have figured out they wont make as much from a boxing server then a truebox but it dosent mean theres no money to be made from one.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The justification they gave for no Free Trade TLP was mainly due to the volume of customer service tickets they expected - I'm not sure what changed that made a Free Trade TLP something they could do but here we are.
    Accipiter likes this.
  14. Neuro Elder

I suspect the only reason they added free trade is because they also did random loot. Either of those without the other is a headache; random loot without free trade would make trying to gear up an unplayable nightmare, and free trade without random loot would lead to box armies camping certain items, lots of trains and other anti-social behaviors, all causing customer service tickets to spiral out of control. Hopefully the two together is successful, or they’ll never do something fun like this again.

I suspect even two servers won’t be enough to contain the amount of players, but I hope it is. No way they open a third.
  15. Bardy McFly Augur

So you have access to DPG's earnings line items, cool. Stop wording things like you know exactly why they made the decisions they did.
  16. Bardy McFly Augur

I also have a hunch that there will still be enormous queue times even with two servers. I think they've underestimated just how popular this ruleset is going to be. I suspect it will be the most popular TLP launch they've done, by a long shot.
  17. mark Augur

also has time goes on the eq players get older a few of us have families all grown up some are able to come back and have the time to play.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

19. Bardy McFly Augur

20. Tweakfour17 Augur

TLDR,
    Merge Coirnav and Ragefire together since they are both low population, both will be in the same expansion and will be in the same expansion during the stated "merge window" of may/june/july. That would free up hardware for whatever else DBG wants to do (ie a 3rd mischief)
    Bardy McFly likes this.