Mischief Market

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kubat, May 14, 2021.

1. Kubat Apprentice

Introducing Mischief Market a new way to buy and sell launching for the Mischief and Thornblade Servers! Mischief Market will offer users a one stop shop to post items they are looking to buy and sell in-game for in-game currency while not having to sit in the Commonlands day in and day out.

The market was an inspiration from an area I created in the TEB guild management system Skynet that was pretty popular among our members. It is meant to be a replacement for the Bazaar during the early expansions of an EverQuest TLP.

Current Features:
    Market - Area to Buy/Sell items for in-game currency
    Tradeskills - Area to Request items that are made with tradeskills. View a list of players with tradeskills to reach out directly for information.
    Reviews - Review players that are on the market to help others make informed decisions.
    Messaging - Messaging system to communicate within the Market if players are unavailable in-game.
    Online Mode - Set yourself as online to notify people you are available in-game.
    Ledger - Ability to track your spending/earning in-game across multiple characters.
    Inventory Upload - Ability to upload multiple character inventories from EverQuest and then from there add the items to the Market.
    Discord Info - Option to display your information to be contacted via Discord.

Along with the web portal we offer a variety of commands through our Discord Server using our Mischief Market bot. Along with a raw live feed of the Mischief server Commonlands /auction and Mischief auction channel.

Current Commands:
    advlookup - Displays the Advanced Loot information for the file for input item. Input: Item Name bug - Submits a bug for input issue. Input: Issue commands - Displays the commands available for your Membership.
    krono - Displays the Average Price of Krono based on the Mischief Market.
    suggestion - Submits a suggestion for the Mischief Market for the input suggestion. Input: Suggestion
    online - Toggles if you are Online or not.
    tsrequests - Displays the Tradeskill Requests people are looking for.
    wtb - Displays the items listed as WTB. Inputs: All (shows all WTB),Item Name (shows all WTB of the item and the average price). If the input is empty it will list your WTB.
    wts - Displays the items listed as WTS. Inputs: All (shows all WTS),Item Name (shows all WTS of the item and the average price). If the input is empty it will list your WTS.

Working On:
    Site PM Notifications
    Custom Discord Alerts

There is much more to expand upon the Mischief Market and I will continue to add new content as I see the need. I also work very hard on making suggestions a reality when they are submitted.

Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/9GXRrtc3nK
    Visit the Website: http://www.eqmischiefmarket.com/
    Vladic, CokaRZ, Mokai and 1 other person like this.
  2. Lejaun Augur

Nice innovation. I can't say I'm a fan of the font, though. Seems a bit too thin and wispy.
  3. Byun Elder

That font is horrible.

Site looks fine otherwise.
    Random Healer and Xhieron like this.
  4. Dailor Augur

Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty cool.
  5. Kubat Apprentice

6. Random Healer New Member

Looks promising, font is... not good....
  7. brickz Augur

the font is just courier for me
  8. Barder-mangler Augur

Only because its the literal God Kubat himself, is this font forgivable :D

In all seriousness, nice work! This is a great idea, even if it is short lived in era, will be super useful.
  9. Appren Gnomercy

Is this a paywall site?
  10. Kubat Apprentice

There are some features such as the Inventory Upload and the Ledger that will only be available to Premium Members due to the amount of data it will take to store that information.

I have changed the font since most hated the Papyrus!
  11. FrozenWater Augur

What ... is your webhost charging by the kilobyte? I've got no problem with you making a buck if the demand is there, but cmon now, be honest about it :)
    Ronzark, Bardy McFly and Appren like this.
  12. Elabone Augur

Is the "online" indicator tied to being "online" in a specific discord, or being "online" in the game?

Or nvm. Maybe it's just whether I turn it on or not?
  13. Appren Gnomercy

Probably just as well to use the other free discord (TLP auctions), but I guess we'll see when the game is out, maybe use both?
  14. Xondor Lorekeeper

So is this like TLPAuctions that will tell me what people are actually auctioning in game, or you want it posted on the website along with auctioning in commons?
  15. Kubat Apprentice

The online status will be something people can set via the website/discord/in-game. I could research integrating some sort of discord status check on top of it. I will most likely reset the flag nightly.

This is more so a way for people to advertise things outside of game and without having to be tied to the Commonlands or constantly using auction chat. The purpose is to be more like a bazaar.

In TEB I added this just for our guild to the Skynet system and it seemed like a lot of people liked it to be able to set it and forget it.

There will be a tracker monitoring the Commonlands/Auction chat and that will be going into the discord channel which is also connected to the site, but at this point everything on the site will be maintained by the players. With maybe in the future a standard in-game style to add an item directly to Mischief Market. As mentioned I do have a way for users to make suggestions and I am always looking for great suggestions/ideas to help make it a useful tool for the EverQuest community.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Website looks cool Kubat!
    An advantage this has over the log parsing discords is that no one needs to be in game for it to work. I recall a number of people getting chapped that someone had a bot circumventing the afk auto kick on Aradune when there were hours long queues just so others could have a live stream of the tunnel chatter and then the people who wanted the stream being annoyed when the server would crash and the bot couldn't get back in to start feeding the discord again.
  17. ClayPigeon Baja Bandit

Paywall? On a server you don't even play on.

Atabishi is a premium member, he definitely didn't pay. Guy can't even afford to pay for his Baja Blast at Taco Bell.

So you just gift premium to your friends and us chumps have to pay?

No thanks.
  18. Daddy_ New Member

Do you plan on offering this service for Thornblade as well? I have not experienced, but have heard many good things about your Skynet, would love to check this out if it will be a service on both servers.
  19. Barder-mangler Augur

I've never understood this mentality. He literally created something new for the community to enjoy, and it has additional features that require a subscription, so what. Is Kubat's time not worth anything???

Can't you just be happy you got something for free lol? Yeesh.
  20. Greebo Journeyman

I thought about doing something like this at some point but I think tlpauctions pretty much has it covered and has been doing great as far as I'm concerned. I don't see a problem with another site that does basically the same thing though so good luck. BTW tlp auctions also scans the auction channel afaik so needing to be in tunnel is already not a thing. Last server I just posted in the auction channel and it worked well. Would get a tell for the item, meet at origin generally and done.

What I do see some need for is a consignment service that pays you a deposit maybe 60% of market or so then sells the item for you for a cut. Ultimate would be if they also have couriers that pickup items in dungeons etc (for an additional cut) so you can keep farming if you get a lore item you want to sell. Also would like to see price history for bazaar item listings as bazaar becomes available.