Boosts to 50

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kylo Classic, May 13, 2021.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Good idea, would be worth while even it was limited to after a month after that server started.
  2. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

If you don't want to play the game, that's fine, but get out of here with this paid boosts bs
    Camniala and Gnothappening like this.
  3. Wuyan80 New Member

I wouldn't pay that price but if you did 199 max level a week after startup I think alot would. If it brings more cash to the game I love it's an idea at least
  4. Arclyte Augur

there is a reason you're here instead of playing one of the dozens of pay to win trash MMOs
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe that pricing might work for a TLP that has just unlocked AA but that would be crazy expensive later on when the number of AA needed and the speed you can gain them drastically increase.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

I wonder how much manual work that would be for the devs or if it would even be feasible or possible to have server specific AA tokens on the market.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am pretty sure they don't have the ability to set prices at the server level and the price would have to be for every server that could make the purchase including live servers. Besides I am not sure if changing the price like that would cause issues for them do to how the price changes based on the server and it could cause confusion for some people.
  8. Triconix Augur

While I still think it would be silly, there is literally thousands of things to do on live servers. There isn't so much to do on TLPs in early eras. It's grind to max, grind plat/TS stuff potentially, and do a couple mindless raids. I suppose you can go off and do hunter achievements, but that almost comes hand-in-hand with grinding plat in this era.

Seriously though, do people play this game for enjoyment or is it all about efficiency and trying to make a buck? It seems every post is indirectly pointing at people just wanting to churn out kronos. They want new TLPs, but don't want to level? They don't want AA grinds and prefer to buy those as well? What the hell else do people do on TLPs when your options of raiding consist of 2 dragons and hours of clearing trash in plane of hate/fear/sky? The raid content is only about 10 hours worth total unless you're one of those minority raiders running around hunting OW targets.

One of the primary rationales for why I see people liking to reroll TLPs constantly is because the "content is better." How the hell can one even begin to say that when there are posts here clamoring to skip this so-called better content?? I'm pretty sure people don't actually enjoy the content, they just enjoy the novelty of getting max geared and feeling superior, regardless of how easy it is to do these days. If that's the case, we may as well just offer max raid geared toons and call it a day. Apparently nobody actually wants to play for any last semblance of a classic EQ experience, they just want a maxed out toon to assist with grinding plat/krono.
  9. Koniku Elder

It would be a good idea only if limited to the last level increase. So lvl 50 potion in kunark, lvl 60 potion in PoP ect.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not sure I follow, if a player is looking to create a new toon to raid with why would they care about doing trade skills, hunters, collections or other things that you mention? Raiding is a big part of the game for some people and if they can get a new toon ready from scratch to be able to raid faster that would important to them and not the fact that there is other things you can do on live servers.
    Kylo Classic likes this.
  11. Kylo Classic Augur

You're the guy that points out all the flaws in the story and just ruins the whole experience.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

Great idea! Then they could add in for an extra $20 you come with the best raid gear from the current expansion. Just think, for a mere $200-$500, you wouldn't even have to play the game at all! You could just log in, walk around and show off your gear in commons, then log off!
  13. Triconix Augur

I'm stating that the raid game is not a big part of the game until at least Velious. It's actually not a focal point in Classic/Kunark. True classic had 4 raid targets - Phinny, Naggy, Vox, and Avatar of Fear in Cazic. Everything designed in early EQ makes it evident that the main focus isn't raiding. Most of the BIS gear isn't even from raids. That alone should be enough evidence to back up that point.

Using the excuse of wanting only to raid and disliking the literal focal point of early era EQ is a contradictory mindset of wanting to play in a new TLP of EQ. How can you reasonably want to play on a new TLP but at the same time want to skip 95% of the game? It's completely illogical. It's quite obvious that you actually don't want to play the game at all. You just want some novelty pay-to-win character to strut around with.

There just is not a lot of raid content and the content it does has is very rudimentary and simplistic to claim that your only reasoning to play an early era TLP is to raid.

Receiving a max level char on live still means you have a lot to do. Leveling becomes less a focal point the latter portion of the game and it starts to put emphasis on other things. So, while I think a max level char offering on live is still silly, it at least isn't a complete hand-me-out and maintains some sensible rationale. A max char offered in classic is just mind boggling imbecilic. It's the equivalent of wanting to go on a road trip, but not wanting to spend time in a car. Well, then don't take a road trip, perhaps?

Because I'm questioning intent behind the request? Ok.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure what you are going on about but I specifically mentioned that people on live servers would be interested in this if it was a max level boost for new raid toons and for some all they care about is the raid game.
  15. Triconix Augur

You keep speaking of live. This isn't live. I'm speaking about starting a TLP with a max 50 char. Stop getting all tied up with live. As I said, I can see the rationale for getting a max live char option, regardless if I personally agree to it or not. What I cannot rationalize is getting a max char in Classic EQ.

I'm not sure why this is so confusing for you. It's pretty clear what I am speaking about.
  16. Gemini Syringes Augur

Obvious joke there, but you know what? I'd pay $10 to start at level 5 on a TLP to skip the MFing newbie yard. lol
  17. aindriuc Elder

I love when a person in a group (probably someone who earns a lot of money) pops a group exp potion. You'd only get that in Everquest because in other games, xp potions don't come in group sizes. I think EQ is special.
  18. Stefen New Member

This is straight up pay to win. I can't imagine a faster way to kill of the remainder of EQ's playerbase.
    Camniala and kenmei like this.
  19. GRACUS Lorekeeper

Lmfao pay to win, wtf do you think happens right now with EQ? Let's list ways of pay to win shall we?

Third party sites selling max level characters/gear for RMT
    In game plvls from RMT box groups.

And don't even act like this is such a small part of the community.

Aradune has atleast 10+ box groups who plvl that advertise daily and are always full with wait lists.

Your so called pay to win allows Daybreak who owns the rights to the data aka charactes/items etc to actually profit and cut out the middle man somewhat.
    Kylo Classic likes this.
  20. Lejaun Augur

That was my decaying skeleton, KSer. Do it again and I'll report you.