"Competitive guilds" should want to be on the same server, together

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hythos, May 14, 2021.

1. Lejaun Augur

I did on Aradune !
  2. Random Healer New Member

You say that you know what they are about, but you don't even realize who you're speaking to. lmao... troll pleez
  3. Machen New Member

There are very few self proclaimed competitive guilds. The are guilds that want to win, and guilds that don't care. No one wants to actually compete, because that might involve losing sometimes, and when you try to win in a 21 year old game and fail, that can be a hard pill for most to swallow.

That said, for the few who actually have found themselves in competition, racing to beat content first for a week only to be an hour or less difference from your competition is one of the biggest rushes this game can offer. But it does take being willing to lose.
  4. Lejaun Augur

Not really. More like plenty of us have experienced enough at this game that socking some target is a waste of time, when we can do the same content in a DZ without starting at a blank spawn point. No bitter pill to swallow if you win or lose, just boring for many to do so.

I'd rather work, go do some of my favorite activities, and then log in at a certain designated time to hit up the content I want to do. If other people want to do that, good on them.
  5. Elabone Augur

Racing during PoP, GoD and OoW on Fippy in Citizen was some of the best times I've ever had.

Subsequently racing on Phinny with OGC was a close second.

We lost most of those races. But the rush was always there. It really is something I wish everyone could experience.
    Machen likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

I feel the same way. The losses made the subsequent wins all the sweeter.
  7. Kylo Classic Augur

Because they spell it how they mispronounce it.
  8. Kylo Classic Augur

Ice-T is not gonna happen. Stop trying to make it happen.
  9. TLP Addict Augur

For all intensive porpoises it really doesn't matter.
  10. Kylo Classic Augur

I love it
  11. Gnothappening Augur

As for niche, it can be pronounced either way. To be fair, Brits add an extra "I" to aluminum. The aluminum thing is really odd as the guy who discovered it originally called it alumium and then changed the name to "aluminum" a couple of years later. Then most everyone in Europe decided to ignore him and did what they wanted. Much like "gif" and how the creator of the format says it is pronounced with a "J" sound and at least half of people use a hard "G" sound.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Or piqued.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, no. Click and clique are two different words.
  14. jiri_ Augur

The creator of the format says 'jif', but the acronym is for 'graphics interchange format'. 'Graphic' has the hard G sound, so both sides here have something to point to in support of their preferred pronunciation. The soft 'j' comes from folks at CompuServe making jokes about JIF peanut butter commercials.
  15. Gnothappening Augur

That and again, the guy who created the format said it was GIF like JIF peanut butter. Just like the guy who discovered aluminum originally named it alumium and then changed it to aluminum when there was issues. Then other people said it didn't sound like Latin and changed it to aluminium.

Then again, we have reached a point where people misused "literally" so much, that they added an alternate definition that is an antonym.
    jiri_ likes this.
  16. Lateryn Augur

Yeah Mabbu needs another guild bank to take and sell for rent.
    Tharvog likes this.
  17. Laronk Augur

Check and cheque are two different words
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

And "data" was pronounced one way until a popular TV character with a name spelled the same way popularized the alternate pronunciation.
    jiri_ likes this.
  19. jiri_ Augur

Plus the is/are question (which shouldn't be a question!).
  20. Ruiner Lorekeeper

If the top guilds could agree to having a fixed amount of players allowed to race it could be pretty fun. Sadly tho it just becomes a numbers game and the zerg guild always wins.