"Competitive guilds" should want to be on the same server, together

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hythos, May 14, 2021.

1. Hythos Augur

The self-proclaimed best guilds, should want to all be together on the same server, to compete against one another.
    It doesn't make much sense to say "We got server firsts on XYZ" if they were they only ones capable, or even attempting.

To say that a group is going to speed-run a new server for all server-firsts... Well, <insert insult here> because it's selfish, and akin to a one-man-band telling all their friends that they're the best band.

Maybe I'm wrong, and that's just what EQ is about.
  2. Thrawnseg Augur

EQ doesn't have multiple competitive guilds anymore. Servers have 1 OW guild and the rest DZ guilds. There is basically no reason to have competing guilds when you can all be in one guild and just get all the kills.
    Karreck, Vindaven, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  3. Lifetap Augur

Competition is great fun and all but there's a limit.
    For example, I enjoy having a tracker watch for a spawn and then racing for it once it spawns. I don't enjoy sitting at a boss waiting for it to enter it's spawn window and then until it finally does spawn just to have a dps race with 200+ people. That isn't fun.
    unfortunately becomes inevitable when there is too much competition.

Healthy competition becomes unhealthy competition when overcrowding occurs.
    Bardy McFly and Demetri like this.
  4. Loze Elder

Nice try...
    You know that there will be 2 "uber l337 hardcore" guilds, one on each server, competing against the clock and not each other. This gives them the most opportunity to disrupt the most number of people at any one time.

A month in, one of the "hardcores" will get bored and the other will be around until the server dies or a new TLP opens up.
    Bardy McFly, Demetri and Bobbybick like this.
  5. Relentless Insomnia

Doing open world and caring about speed clears / doing 10 splits with only 8 clerics are not all mutually exclusive.

I don't care about your world record clear times, or your server first instanced Vulak chest beating. I care about getting the most loot on our members.

(but we will likely beat your precious speed clears most likely by accident because your records suck ;) )
    CokaRZ likes this.
  6. Azzudien Augur

I don't recall seeing any of the guilds advertising in guild recruitment for Mischief saying they are going for #1 or OW targets etc. It appears most are just going to enjoy the ruleset and have some fun.
    Demetri likes this.
  7. Thrawnseg Augur

You missed TMM then.
  8. Relentless Insomnia

Yeah we are 100% making open world a priority, and will be watching spawns. Can't say we will be chasing records or caring much about being server first on an instanced Vulak over someone else on a random loot server. Loot intake is our top focus. Open world is 100% a part of that strategy.
  9. GRACUS Lorekeeper

You say you care only about getting your guildies loot. We all know how you and the rest of your officers are Relentless. You guys are RMT addicts plain and simple. Just calling it what it is. You Mabbu and the rest of your little clique will screw people over just so you guys can keep adding to your real life bank accounts.
    Demetri likes this.
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

Why can’t anyone on these forums spell “clique”?
    Skuz and Demetri like this.
  11. Loze Elder

Probably for the same reason that makes it a "mute" point and causes Voila to become "walla".

"Opps" spelled it wrong.
  12. Lejaun Augur

Why the harassment of them? Whatever beef you had with them, let it be. Geez. The server isn't even up yet and you are trying to stir the pot.
  13. Relentless Insomnia

It comes with the territory, we're used to it.

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  14. GRACUS Lorekeeper

Just trying to warn people, that if you go to TMM, you will find out soon enough that you will get used and abused only for the betterment of Mabbu, Relentless, and a few others who will become filthy rich on the server off the hard work and sweat off of your backs.
  15. GRACUS Lorekeeper

And why does it come with the territory Relentless?

Maybe because what I am saying is true. And 100s of others who have been in your guild before can attest to what I am saying is true.
  16. Laronk Augur

For the same reason Americans just use check for check marks and for umm... cheques. Then there's all the ones that pronounce niche "nitch"
  17. Lejaun Augur

It's a weird thing to me. When someone first warns me, I'm like "OK, better watch out for party B." The second time, I'm "OK, they are serious and this must be true. Definitely avoid party B."

After a thousand times, I think "This party A person has some sort of vendetta against B I want to join B now and just prove A wrong because of all the fuss they are making over this."
    Relentless likes this.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I don't believe you.

Make a rogue in classic.
    Ions and Discord like this.
  19. Raytheon Augur

And don't forget all the people that think something interesting peaked (piqued) their interest.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Relentless Insomnia

[IMG]

;)