Necro state

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Darkoon, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Ythera Augur

I can't help but think that the people who are complaining either a) didn't play a necro prior to the enhanced decay/dot revamp, or b) have a memory issue and don't remember what it was like prior to that. To me, it's like night and day: prior to the changes, I only really felt useful during raids and even then, I had to fight tooth and nail, juggling 20-24 dots on a single target to make the top 10 of a parse. In the group game, the mob had to have a lot of hitpoints in order for me to be competitive.

After the revamps, it became hilariously easy to top 10 and any necro that really tried and juggled 14-18 dots on a target and used their burns at the right times would be in a category unto themselves in terms of damage. In the group game, I was extremely competitive in damage, with sometimes fluctuating lower if the fights were fast and always top end if the mobs had more hitpoints; especially named mobs and during missions.

To summarize: necros are in a great place, whether against group material or raid material and a 10-15% reduction in our dot damage isn't going to ruin that, especially when compared to where we were prior to this whole thing being enacted. It's also not done; we're going to gain some more power when the ignite line gets consolidated, since it's our second most powerful dot line. When the corruption line gets revamped, it'll be a nice chunk of damage, especially if you have druids casting skin to seedlings on targets where it can land. If they don't consolidate the wounds proliferation damage, that's fine, but I would be a bit sad to not see how high those crits could go if they did.
    kizant likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

And thats the problem everyone thinks they have to cast all their junk because it gives them 2 more dps but reduces a raids overall dps. My personal DPS is more important than the raids objective. People are overly involved in personal parses and where they place at the end of an event and not how as a raid they completed it say 5 or 10 minutes faster because of better choices.
    Alchem The Judge likes this.
  3. strongbus Augur

I agree with you there. for me its not my personal dps it what going get the raid won for our guild. If I have to sac a few lower dps dots for some class that has dots that do more then my lowest. I do it. It when some class that have dot that don't even come close to what mine do demand that they be able to use to up their dps that gets to me.

Shoot I love necros but have told my guild leader and raid leader I will change back to my bst or ench if its need I can play both just as well.
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Who’s complaining?
    Also only necros who have been playing knew about playing. You shouldn’t use terms like “every necro”. Considering I only found about any of this 2 weeks ago.
  5. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Unfortunately that’s the way it was for years. I hated. I only ran about 16 dots prior to epic nerf. Many ran 23 or more. Hard to break old habits for many. I guess it can be said you are limiting one persons potential max dps. Who wants to play with the brakes on to be fair to others?

Like I said though to me I think less dots is Nioce. I would have time to... watch tv or something with the downtime.
  6. kizant Augur

You're an experienced player who's familiar with the forums and it's been talked about endlessly. Either read the posts or ask questions.
  7. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I did and I did. I was simply laughing at the irony of timing between returning and the change (again).
  8. kizant Augur

You came back just in time for the necro improvements to be completed. I guess you were lucky and that's kinda ironic.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Pets can tank just fine. It's your healer that sucks. Using a merc? There's your problem.
  10. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I use cascade on my pet to give the merc ai chance to wake up.
  11. Volgare Journeyman

I have no problems with nerfs, was figuring they would just adjust next expansion since they were taking so long, the problem i do have is they did the reduction to all the lines with 0 mention in patch notes, we know its gonna happen, why not post them?