Not looking forward to the inevitable lag fest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, May 13, 2021.

1. Metanis Bad Company

I'm still seeing server lag in CoV raids that stop my spell gems from refreshing. Tells delayed by 5 seconds or more. Event mechanics not working correctly or substantially delayed.

I searched, it's been 7 weeks since the last Dev posted anything about lag fixes. And that was just a reassurance that the poor wizzie nerfs haven't been forgotten. (Yeah! Right!)

And now they're going to launch more TLP servers to steal cycles and bits from the existing mix!?!?!

I don't think it's right they launch more servers until they fix the server lag and content delivery issues they've already got.
    Leerah, Jhinx, Annastasya and 5 others like this.
  2. Tappin Augur

ey clearly don't care and won't until a substantial amount of people quit over it.
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My guess is that they are actively working on it as we speak. I would be very surprised if the only thing they did all month, was what ends up in the patchnotes.

For some reason they like fixing server-side bugs, unnoticed.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

In one of my guilds, we didn't have any adds pop in on Sontalak until 30% one time. Seriously, full burn for 70% of the event.
    Then we had over an extended target window full of mobs, all at once. We wiped.
    Thanks, failed raid mechanics.

Having Tantor immediately catch the person he emotes on is also super cute.

Or when Nintal doesn't go active for about 45 seconds after we clear more than the proper number of ebon drakes.

You guys should come to FV and experience the best lag of your lives! You won't ever complain about your home servers again. ;)
  5. Tappin Augur

What’s more fun is when fail an emote before you get emoted.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Phiyre Augur

People should cancel their subs and sit at f2p until the issue is fixed. As long as people keep throwing money at a broken game, why would they fix things?
    I subbed again and started to play a bit more, no raiding just leveling/getting aa's. Noticed a lot of lag spikes. Not a big deal when in a normal group but soloing/kiting w/ a squishy can be a big deal. Once the sub runs out, I'll wait to sub again until I see things are fixed. /shrug
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Shredd Augur

Weird, on Drinal have not seen much lag since the last patch. Yes, before patch the Sont raid we would not see adds due to lag and burn the dragon. Now we have to kill adds as they spawn. LoL bring back the lag so Sont is faster.
  8. Tucoh Augur

It's going to be a disaster. Next expansion release too.

I recommend everyone player a different game when the next expansion releases and coming back after I stop playing when the lag stops.

Also, DPG, delete 90% of procs and swarm pets.
  9. Viper1 Augur

YES, pls!
    Leerah likes this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont think raid lag is related to new server launches.
  11. Tappin Augur

The lag problem isn't just with raids, it also occurs with missions and regular zones during busy times. The reason raiders complain the most is because it has a big overall impact.

I wouldn't be shocked if the servers crash during the week or weekend when the progression servers unlock a new expansion. This is a problem that needs to be addressed.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

EG7 is taking the reins. There is a purported higher level of investment and it seems like the studio is in the midst of the transition (decrease in dev comms). It is fair to say the jury is still out. If anyone is unhappy (or impatient) with the state of the game, there are other operating MMORPGs (WoW, FF14) and titles in permanent pre-Alpha (Pantheon, Ashes of Creation).
  13. Tappin Augur

I pay a premium price for a service, and just like any other, I expect at the minimum for it to be playable. What ever is going on behind the scenes is non of my business and does NOT change my expectations.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

And you have every right not to pay for the service or walk away. (Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the "critics" are F2P).

Lifetime subscriptions have broken even. I am not sure of a critic who has prepaid for 1 year or more.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Considering most of the complainers are raiders, they probably aren't F2P accounts. I haven't seen any lag in game for months now, just a little rubber-banding on Agnarr when I first got back. Since then I've played a little on Tunare and a bunch on Test. But I don't raid, so I'm not seeing what they are seeing.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

None of that is caused by TLP. Why would you think that? If TLP caused lag it would affect all zones, not just the busy zones.
  17. Tappin Augur

OMG, I am not talking about busy zones. I am talking about times when the loan on the network/servers are busy. Yes, TLP does makes it worse. During the summer last year is a great list of examples. For the non raid examples, just go play the Icebound Avatar of War mission during peek play time. There are lots of issues with that mission related to lag.
  18. Tappin Augur

I have two gold accounts now, I had 6 prior. I have bought TOV for all 6 and two thus far for CoV. I am not F2P
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I suspect anyone unhappy with the game but wanting to keep up would smartly purchase the expansion and sub for about 3 months out of the year (activating All Access on raid drops) at most.

Ultimately, no one is being held captive. The "entitlement" argument is weak. There are other games and hobbies in the world. (If I were a Darkpaw apologist, I'd beg for players to stay but I'll tell it as it is).

I'd say there is currently a wait-and-see approach with regards to the direction EG7 will take. EG7 may have already made their decision and it could be out of the hands of the Darkpaw studio.
  20. Tappin Augur

I have already spoken with my wallet. That doesn’t mean I don’t have interest in a character that I have played since launch. DP’s internal conflicts are largely irrelevant to the problem.