Suggestion (not sure where to post this)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tarjie, May 10, 2021.

1. Tarjie New Member

Something I have been thinking about and not really sure where to post this suggestion/feed back.
    I don't raid. (personal choice, I don't like the way people are stressed out and some people think its the place for bulling and sexual harassment.) With that said, I am perfectly happy with group stuff IE gear, experience and etc.
    I am founding that some of the items that used to drop are no longer dropping unless you spend weeks on it. Which in turns makes person VERY bored, disappointed and not want to play the game. They will eventually go find another game to play. All in all both the player not happy with the game and left which in turns makes the business end of the game not too happy because they are losing out on the money.
    My suggestion is this: why not make the items available to purchase in the DB store? Like stuff that would drop in a raid. The Ore that is needed to finishing making your player made gear, ETC. If a person is will to spend the money to purchase the items from the DB store why not make it a available? After all people are profiting in game selling the chest loot that you get an ore out of to make the gear.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I never get harassed on raids ={
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

*Digs out some studded leather straps & a bull-whip*
    Dythan likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pay to win?

[IMG]

People may be selling the chest-loot, but they earned it by beating the event - that's completely different to straight up selling it on the Marketplace.

Your idea is bad & you should feel bad for having it.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Uncharacteristically harsh, I'm disappointed in you Skuz.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Tarjie New Member

Skuz you said "Your idea is bad & you should feel bad for having it."

No I don't feel bad for suggesting it or having the idea, why should I be?

Someone may have beat the event to get the loot but it us after all No trade. So it's no different then someone paying either the player for chest loot or the DB store.

People are using the Overseer for trade skill items so why not for the trade skill ore in the DB store? Whats the difference?
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Because Pay to win is bad and the vast majority of players understand why. The XP pots were about as Pay to Win as EQ gets & it should not go further than that.

You are conflating.

What does it mean to conflate issues?

In logic, it is the practice of treating two distinct concepts as if they were one, which produces errors or misunderstandings as a fusion of distinct subjects tends to obscure analysis of relationships which are emphasized by contrasts.

Buying from the Marketplace does not require you having beaten any events, no gameplay whatsoever is involved, the loot from the Market place is gameplay-free, it subverts the primary gameplay loop.

The above is in no way similar to a group of players beating an event to win their loot - no matter how they choose to dispense with it.

That's why almost everything in the Marketplace is cosmetic, the only actual gear stuff in there is Defiant and that's only there as an optional catch-up purchase.

Gameplay, albeit a very limited amount, is still involved with Overseer and overseer does not drop current items, they are purposely one expansion old.

If you want to see what a fully Pay to Win game is like try Entropia Universe, if you want to take EQ on that path you are out of your damn mind.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What would be the point of playing the game at all?

Many play just to get the best gear, where is the insentive to play if the best gear is in the market place. The best gear should always come from playing the game not for paying for stuff with RL cash. Market place should be kept for fluff items.

I personally don't want EQ to become pay to win anymore than it already is.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Tarjie New Member

Hey there is no reason to insult me, I had a suggestion/idea and put it out there. I didn't attack or insult anyone over it and I don't appreciate getting it in return.

I pay my money to play the game just like everyone else. If I choose to use the overseer I choose to use it. If I choose to buy stuff in the market place I choose to do that as well. If I choose to raid I choose that. If I choose to group or solo that is my choose as well and If I want things available to purchase in that I choose that. If I choose to use my lesson or XP pots then that is my choice to make.

Each person game play is how they choose to create it. So if they want to go through the whole game and beat every event personally then that is how they want to play. (Which some event you can't just because you need real people and those people don't play to do back content. Not everyone boxes)

If their lives aren't play EQ 24/7 and they choose to purchase a said item or use xp pots or overseer or heroic a character then that is their choose to make and their game play.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Agree 100% - most of the older forum posters have become very vitriol in their responses even when someone is trying to help.

Like you, I also do not play the raid game but have become ok with not having the uber gear. Don't really need it if we are not raiding. But it would be nice to have some sort of chance of getting it other than raiding. While raiders are plentiful so are non raiders. We all make the game what it is.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm not insulting anyone, just looking at this from a different perspective.

This is why they introduced the chase items that drop in group content, albeit an expansion behind, they are copies of the last expansions raid gear.

If group gear was as good as raid gear there would be no reason to raid. Tradeable raid gear on FV works because someone still has to raid to get the items in the first place. If it was all in the market place there would be little point in doing the hard stuff.

They could put stuff in the marketplace 2-3 expansions after it is available in game, but in all honesty who would buy it when better gear is needed to complete current content?

If you had the best items what would your goals be in the game?
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Just playing the opposing argument -

Gear normalization puts all players on an even field. Everyone wears similar/same gear.

I could propose, instead of raid gear rewards, a large stat increase for Guild Banner usage, and Guild Tribute. Revamp the Guild Tribute system and tie stepped, expansion-specific increases in stats to Raid Achievements. This simplifies raiding as well. Not having to deal with raid loot? SIGN ME UP.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Could work, would be easier to balance group content as all would be in the same gear. Group content should then be a challenge for all players.

Would mean more active zones and less loot rotting as all would need the group gear.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you normalize gear you might as well do away with raiding altogether, the whole point of raid gear was to equip you for the raids - there is a designed difference between group & raid gear because that is two different types of content, closing the gap so last expansions raid gear is only a little better than the current ones group gear has been the case for several expansions already.

Who?
    What?
    Where?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.