Boosts to 50

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kylo Classic, May 13, 2021.

1. Kylo Classic Augur

Can we have a boost to 50 potion for like $399.95? Might not sell many, but i bet it's more than one.
  2. Lejaun Augur

You underestimate the amount of people with disposable income here. We are no longer primarily teenagers/young adults. A strong portion of the EQ player base are people 10-20 years into their career with decent pay.
  3. Triconix Augur

Want full raid gear while you're at it? What's the point of playing if you're going to skip over one of the main objectives?
  4. Lejaun Augur

Not my personal choice to skip over the content, but there would certainly be a market for it I think.

Just look at how much people spend on the launches itself: $40 bags, $20-40 in potions, $$$??? for krono to buy plat/gear. There's going to be a handful that would be more than happy to drop some cash on being an insta 50, especially those that have leveled up characters on TLPs a dozen times before.
    Kylo Classic likes this.
  5. Elabone Augur

I mean how many hours does it take to level? Assuming something like 25 dollars an hour, 400 dollars equates to 16 hours work. If it takes longer than 16 hours, which I'm certain it does. It makes more sense to just go work overtime for a couple days and buy a boost lol.
  6. Kylo Classic Augur

In which country are you paying people $25 an hour to play EQ. I'm guessing they are in a union and have full pension.
  7. Xondor Lorekeeper

They wouldnt sell any because people already sell max level chars for a couple hundred, and thats with gear.
  8. Runes Augur

No
  9. Kiaro Augur

This is a legitimized method though, they'd sell more of these, think of it this way, the # of people who "Buy platinum" by purchasing kronos is 100s of times that of people who were willing to risk their accounts buying platinum from 3rd paries.
  10. brickz Augur

$400 for a level 50 would be a ripoff compared to what you can buy in the third party tunnel
  11. Karreck Somebody

Obvious troll is obvious
    Nolrog likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If they sold a max level boost on live servers I am pretty sure there would be a decent amount of people purchasing them so they can get a new toon ready to start gearing up for raids faster.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is a good point, people buy heroics, this is more or less the same idea. Levelling is tedious for alot of people.
  14. Lejaun Augur

People also buy Krono from the store for almost twice the price of elsewhere, and Darkpaw still makes a lot from Krono sales I bet.
  15. Elabone Augur

You clearly missed the entire point lol. I meant in order to afford the 400 dollar boost, work overtime and make more money instead of going home and leveling yourself. Idk where you got being paid to play eq from lol
  16. Xazier Elder

I like your math here, and I would love to see DBG getting this money. What a great way to market. I hope they implement something like this.
  17. Xazier Elder

I Think this looks better.

Max level toon TLP (previous expansion) $60 comes with basic no stat gear all combat/defensive/casting skills maxed. Zero AAs until autogrant is introduced. This is similar to WoW

AA $1.00 per

I love your idea of in game Tokens. This will give the player an incentive to buy from the shop and trade in game for krono/plat.

FULLY TRADEABLE in game AA tokens

20 AA token $25
    50 AA token $50
    100 AA token $95
  18. Vulken9 Journeyman

I am surprised dpg haven't gone this route. There would certainly be a market for it. With AOCs, the main draw to this game now is raiding on a schedule and what I can do to build the toon outside of raids (tradeskills, getting that rare drop, etc). Leveling a character is not particularly enjoyable when you've done it over and over and over....
  19. Arclyte Augur

people like this are why games suck now

please keep your garbage opinions to twitter
    Camniala and Ronzark like this.
  20. Xazier Elder

News flash, people like you that love the poopsock style of gameplay have no life.