Mischief and Thornblade - Simultaneous Launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, May 10, 2021.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

I suggested multiple times during the Aradune / Rizlona launch where people were raging that they couldn't log into Ara to go give Riz a shot since they were both in classic. Didn't go over very well since no one wanted to play on the "trash bot" server. Hopefully Thornblade doesn't get a stigma of being the second choice but the way it was announced isn't giving it as much attention as it should probably get. At least the rule sets are exactly the same now and the 2 servers will likely merge into each other eventually so people have way less excuse why they won't play on the "bad" server.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It's up to us, when we talk about the servers we gotta say Thornblade and Mischief and not the other way around.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

You know its a twin server not a pity server, I know it, DBG needs to make a new post or edit the title on the forums and announce it on Twitter and Discord and w/e to really get the word out. 1 line edited into the original announcement isnt going to hit the people who don't hang out here all day.
  4. Daemon Sicarius New Member

This please!
  5. Bardy McFly Augur

As much as I would want to be on the initial chaotic rush, I almost think it might be worth giving it a week to see which server has the more toxic crowd. Unless said usual crew decides to try to monopolize both. I want to be on the server that is least Aradune-like lol. I don't want to compete, I want a casual and respectful community.
  6. a_librarian Augur

Play on the less popular server then. The fewer people on it the better, because that means less demand for high value open world drops. That's 90% of TLP toxicity. It's not magic and you can predict it very easily right now - the overflow server will be less popular
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

It's too bad they can't make the servers behave like picks and spin up as needed and then merge down again as the population dips.
  8. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

@Dreamweaver - Coupled with the simultaneous launch, we still need 1 critical piece of information before people start to spread better between the server. When the expected merger will happen, and that it's guaranteed.
  9. Lejaun Augur

My money is on Thornblade being the more "casual/less toxic" of the two.
  10. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

This is incorrect in my experience. On Phinegel (stopped playing there a couple of years ago), and later in another server (Mangler? Not sure) - I had to raise a few tickets. ALL of them got responded to promptly, politely and professionally.

Dury
    Phinegel
    Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  11. Bardy McFly Augur

Top guild could try to use that to an advantage.
  12. Thrawnseg Augur

Neither of the top 2 guilds are willing to go though - both guilds want more people who they can dump all the loot to the casuals to get more money. Less population = less krono for them.
  13. Kylo Classic Augur

Thornbackup will be the choice of most people that don't have lots of krono to throw around. Everyone else will be on mischief.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Did we seriously just convince them to launch the server simultaneously and then, literally in the same thread, start explaining why nobody will play on it? They will never listen to us again if we are actually this flipping stupid.

They are identical servers, spread out you dillweeds. Who cares which one you are on as long as you get to play with your friends?
    Moege, Raptorjesus5, Crabman and 3 others like this.
  15. Relentless Insomnia

^This...spread out..no on wants another Aradune.
    Brunlin, Bardy McFly and Demetri like this.
  16. Thrawnseg Augur

So will you or Faceless move? Probably not, and that won't help.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  17. Relentless Insomnia

Our guilds combined probably make up 5% of the player base, we are not the problem.
    Demetri likes this.
  18. Demetri Augur

Heh "big guilds" really don't matter in the big scale of things. And in fact, often having competition is important for a draw to both.

Remember, there's some demographics that play EQ that NEED drama to enjoy the game. Those types don't do well when folks decide that they'd rather not engage and spend their time in some other way.
    Brunlin likes this.
  19. Lejaun Augur

More of we know what reality is. Thornblade will absolutely keep the queue and crowding down more on Mischief by being released. Mischief will absolutely be the larger server. Unless something freakish happens, that won't change. We know that to be true, they knew that to be true when they made up their minds.

Many of the more casual players will want Mischief, realize the queue/crowding is large, and go to Thornblade once they realize that the servers are the same and will merge when population on both decrease.

I predict at least one competitive guild and a few "race to 50" groups will also move to Thornblade, as they will have advantages over Mischief players with camp availability and OW targets being open. (Huge when you are trying to key for places like VP / VT)

The only thing to really question is how much exposure can Thornblade get before actual server launch? How many of the medium/big guilds will move to Thornblade and therefore draw big crowds with them to even things out a little bit more?
  20. Kylo Classic Augur

Guilds are gonna wait until they go live before they announce in discord their true intentions. Bet a whole bunch of guilds will go thorny without announcing it ahead of time.