- There will no longer be broadcasts about the tipsy gnome race.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Niskin, May 11, 2021.

1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This is a decree, not a patch note.*

* This decree was derived from actual patch notes.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I wish they went the other way and modified all existing EQ code to match whatever they did for the Tipsy Gnome Race notifications.

Because those always just worked no matter what. Server crash? Tipsy comes back. Bad zone lag? Tipsy ignores.

Probably the single greatest example of EQ code ever.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. Angahran Augur

This should never have been tagged as a 'system message'! That should be reserved for important things like, server coming down in 5 minutes.
    Andarriel and Fenthen like this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Two words: Resource consumption.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This change genuinely made my day, I think I am happier than a Dythan who just found out Levi in PoFire was being nerfed.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I think the reason people hate gnomes so much is because of Tipsy Teena! I was a dark elf but wanted to master tinking too so i changed lol nice built in shrink though!

Andarriel
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Lol could be.

I was always envious that Gnomes got a racial trade-skill, woulda loved it if every race had their own speciality like that, though that's completely unworkable with how many player races the game has.
    Andarriel likes this.
  8. Hegsheoshed Augur

Okay? It will be back next year. Only 5th through 13th anniversary quests since Tuesday. No change really other than Tipsy Teena isn't up anymore.