Summoned Parcels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elysania, May 12, 2021.

1. Elysania Journeyman

How we have made it this far into the game without a summoned parcels vet aa or item baffles me. Something that should 100% be added to the game with how much people are selling items out while grinding and its easier to parcel items to players but there's no way to verify the payment or anything without leaving where you are at. Interrupts game play and just low quality of life without it.
    Fenthen and tanith like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

I think I remember they have said something in the past about not wanting to have a direct line so people have to port back to a town by design, but sometimes design decisions can change. I bet you want an auto NPC diver too huh.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

There is a quest for a parcel vendor you can put in your house, and if you are buying from Bazaar, you can pay to get things in your inventory instantly instead of using a parcel person.
    minimind likes this.
  4. Moege Augur

This surfaces up fairly often, here is a shortened version of posts that will surely follow.

/check marketplace
    /finds delivery tokens (usable with bazaar)
    Explains that a AA parcel vendor would obsolete the delivery tokens
    Explains that DB make money from selling tokens
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

This post isn't about buying stuff from the bazaar. It is about selling taskadds and no drop loot (CoV T3 ores), as Elysania is a bigger player for these on BB. Makes me think Elysania got stiffed on a payment.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Sadly none of that information, which would have helped with responses, was in her post.
    minimind likes this.
  7. Angahran Augur

People complain about the vet AAs because they seem to be upset that they are only available to vets.
    Apparently everything should be available to everyone.
  8. Cimbaeth Elder

Ummm. I thought they made the vet AAs available to everyone in a patch last year or so ago? lol.
    Elysania, Elyssanda, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  9. Angahran Augur

As I said....
  10. Elysania Journeyman

not stiffed just tired of having to run back to pok ect to grab all my parcels when they are full zzzzz
  11. Elysania Journeyman

I swear this says selling items while out grinding to check and verify payments? or am I blind? maybe confused? someone help
  12. Axel Furry Hats OP

You know those nights where it takes 5+ minutes to zone? Those are the nights where having a summon parcel AA would be worth it and greatly increase the QOL of players. Turns a 10-20 minute trip into 30 seconds.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Cannot say I have had a zone take anywhere near 5 minutes, except for when I played on AB in 2015 when it was having major server issues/problems like that.
    Usually it's a few seconds to zone with EQ located on an SSD drive.
    • Drop Campfire
    • throne of heroes or drunkard's stein or brick of knowledge or gate potion or bulwark of many portals
    • get parcels sorted
    • campfire back
    10-20 minutes???
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Who is selling so much that they need a parcel vendor for this purpose? Personally as far as this goes I would rather see folks offering rots up for free to people rather then make it easier for folks to sell from their camp.

Seems fair to me that if you want to hold a camp you are going to have to suffer the inconvenience of not being able to handle as many sales.

I think it is easy enough to make plat in EQ that we don't need to add mechanics to make selling items from your camp easier.

And parcel vendors at camps means folks sending multiples of lore drops to alts. Nah I think there are currently ways to manage all this that does not require summoned parcel vendors or verifying payments. Don't see why the game mechanics have to cater to mass sellers and if foks are only doing it occasionally the current system is fine.

And yeah I can just see certain software automating ending parcels from a afk bot group so they can spread the lore items around.

But I can see how this topic came up with the new TLP. The Gold/Greed Rush begins. Be interesting to see how the new loot rules affect this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Oops missed this. All makes sense now.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

I would like a vet AA parcel vendor. Unless I have a fire which I often don't it would be nice to collect an item without having to return to pok/guild hall.
    Sometimes it's 3-4 zones to get back to where I was. In many cases 3-4 zones + getting to where I was deep in a zone which may or may not have see invis on the way.