Adding to the million “What class?” Threads

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tzeriel, May 12, 2021.

1. tzeriel Lorekeeper

Don’t multibox at all, never will. Looking for input from people who have played these classes on recent TLPs rather than descriptions of what the classes do in general. I’m looking for a busy group experience but a fairly lazy raid experience. Also don’t like being LFG for a long time if I can avoid it. Passable solo ability is a plus but not a requirement.

In my mind, that leaves me with a choice between enchanter, bard and shaman I think unless other classes fit the bill
    BreakmanDX likes this.
  2. qwert New Member

Bard. You will be busy in groups and afk on raids. Everyone loves bard so you wont be LFG long and once you make a name for yourself as an awesome puller you will never be LFG.
  3. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Enchanter or bard. Shaman will kill your soul in raids if you don't want to be constantly working on buffs.
  4. Nebby Lorekeeper

Necro is what you want
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

I think alot of classes are what you make them, but Shaman is not typically a lazy raid experience. Mage would be another potential for you, the only buff they have is a DS and mod rods so your raid duties are next to nothing besides nuking, group game you can be as active as you'd like, keeping the DS on the tank, gina trigger for mod rods and keeping everyone topped up as they use em, pet offtank if needed, summon bandages or levi clickies etc. Or you can park in a corner with a /pet attack macro and casually push 1 button. Good soloability also.
  6. tzeriel Lorekeeper

Not into Necro. Played one on Arachne, didn’t care for it.

Appreciate the Shaman input.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

The easiest way to decide what class is to see what classes are able to be gnomes. The other classes are obviously inferior or they too could be gnomes. Once you have that squared away, go ahead and make your gnome and realize that, since you are now the EQ master race, class is irrelevant.
    Appren likes this.
  8. Zansobar Augur

Shaman is a fantastic class...until you step foot into a raid.
  9. tzeriel Lorekeeper

Already ruled out Shaman based on these comments lol

Bard or Chanter then. Though honestly mage sounds fun. Haven’t played one in years, but enjoyed when I did. Only thing putting me off on them was I figured they’d have no luck finding groups and I know they’re about useless without epic and imagined it’d be impossible on this server due to the random nature.
  10. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Makes are probably only behind monk and enchanter for group dps spots in general, because even a bad mage is pretty good dps.
  11. TheTone Elder

Mages are awesome in groups and find them easily...they're just boring as a sack of potatoes to play. Unfortunately, all of their "utility" in terms of summoning things is rather useless in early xpacs. They just summon a pet, nuke once a minute, and sit. They're also very much not useless without epics.
  12. qwert New Member

Don't let that put you off, mage is always welcome in groups, they are solid dps. Epic pet is super good but I wouldn't say they are useless without it.
  13. Zansobar Augur

Mages are one of the best DPS classes for a group, just behind a charm class (chanter/necro/druid). They are always sought after for group play. In raid play they do have some issues though as their pet is so so and their nukes will be resisted more than Wiz nukes...plus they get requests to summon stuff for others (not overly too much but it is there) and when Kunark comes out you will be a COTH toon. Very simple class though. But yeah sounds like Bard for you.
  14. Elabone Augur

Based on your criteria, the only solution is bard. Its the only class that can even be considered "lazy" in raids yet "busy" in groups. You will struggle however. It will be a chore to make it passed the first several expansions. But once you hit Luclin/PoP people will love you.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Barder-mangler Augur

I agree with Bard.
    Enchanters/Shaman have too much uptime (if being played efficiently) in raiding to recommend them when you want to be lazy on raids. Bard is your best bet.
  16. Lejaun Augur

Bard for sure. You can be very busy in a group, being a puller or handling crowd control or whatever. You can also just relax and mostly sing songs in group, if there is already a good puller (more dependent on the person than class). In raids, you can in general sit back and just melody without too much expectation of DPS or responsibilities, at least for the first year of the server.

The best part? Everyone will be begging to have you in their group for raids.
  17. FrodeEQ Journeyman

That's like a perfect description of a bard.
  18. Ruination Elder

Sounds like you don't want to raid. So don't raid
  19. Ultrazen Augur

Bard by a mile. Bonus, they are fun as hell to play in groups.
  20. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I too am considering coming back (Again? hehe been "coming back" for Combine, then Ragefire, Phinegel, Mangler, and now Mischief!)

I played a necro to my heart's content on Phinegel (got Epic 2.0 etc, though I Dont raid, joining friends in their guild raids when I could; think I stopped in that expansion where literally all your gear (I had anguish gear though, not latest expansion raid-gear) you have becomes suddenly useless - the Drakkin one...). Necro still is my most favourite EQ class and I adore it, tried Mage and found it not to my taste at all.

How are Shaman through expansions in general - I do like grouping a lot (grouped on my necro most of the time, soloing bores me, hehe).