Thornblade will have the better economy.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thrawnseg, May 12, 2021.

1. Thrawnseg Augur

I think we can all agree TB will be a smaller server compared to Mischief. There will still be plenty of people on it, but with the big 2 guilds staying on Mischief and one of those being a huge GDKP guild, gear will be flowing out of them like water, crushing the economy and making most gear basically worthless.

Sure, you can argue that with more people on the server, more people need gear, but I think the saturation point will come quicker on Mischief.

I think this means the krono will be more valuable on TB but you will be able to buy more with it on Mischief? I'm not sure about that, but it won't be a Aradune/rizlona discrepancy in value.
  2. TLP Addict Augur

Krono has a mostly set value, it's platinum that fluctuates based on the "economy"

And whether expensive krono is better or worse depends entirely on if you are buying or selling.
  3. wade_watts Augur

Better is in the eye of the beholder.

If you want to buy gear, Mischief will be far better.
  4. Demetri Augur

Supply and demand - you're assuming supply is up and demand will be flat in that assumption.
  5. wade_watts Augur

There will be significantly more supply on Mischief and likely marginally more demand.
    andross77 and Demetri like this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Rizlona had bots farming 24 7. Sure aradune had a few too but it still had truebox.

Nothing will mess up the krono economy more than afk bots.
  7. Bewts Augur

Speaking from experience playing in a guild that ruled Lockjaw far into TLP... if there are few large guilds you will certainly be over geared and so will your “second mains” and alts. Doubly so with a FV rule set.

However, attrition is real and you will run into a wall - particularly with limitations on boxing that will contribute to a situation where you and the server will stagnate and die off. And that stagnation will be at a much faster rate if you start with an inherently smaller population of serious and part time players that raid.

Simply seeking to access more players, literally the entire guild was forced to transfer - which with this rule set could become problematic if that is not a possibility down the road.

The grass may be greener; but it could be short lived.
    Demetri likes this.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

A fairly safe assumption though.
  9. brickz Augur

whichever server has more of the totally legit 72 man armies farming private expeditions from velious+ will be the server with the cheaper gear
    HoodenShuklak and TLP Addict like this.
  10. a_librarian Augur

I don't see why raid bot teams wouldn't operate on both servers unless the second server is extremely low population. There isn't a shared AoC lock out between servers. You'd be impressed by how fast they level up their team with warping and automation
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nobody can definitively say anything about either server, they haven't opened yet.

100% speculation

And why try to sow division, that doesn't help anyone.
    Nolrog and code-zero like this.
  12. Neuro Elder

Neither will be the "dead" server. Once the population thins out, they'll merge them.That's been the plan all along.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. wagz Casual - Innoruuk origin

The concern i have is, who keeps the name of there is a duplicate upon merging?
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

People place far too much importance on their cherished name - the sooner people let go of that fallacy the better, I understand it, first time I "lost" a name of a character I was crushed but once you move past that first time of it happening it matters very little - people build up a reputation outside of the game far more than in it these days (social media, discord etc).

code-zero likes this.
  15. code-zero Augur

I really never got the name hangup. I will cycle through the random name generator looking for something that "fits" the race/class I'm making and then judge what the first 3 or 4 letters will sound like or look like since that's what I'll be using to refer to them anyway. I have characters I've played since early 2000 that I created in just that way and that I'm attached too but I'm not recreating with those names anywhere.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Neuro Elder

The solution is to make a character on both servers with the same name.

I believe the one with more playtime/higher level gets priority.
    andross77 and Accipiter like this.
  17. mark Augur

if you plan to play until the next tlp comes out next year then the server shouldent matter,long run to live then mischief his the server to roll on.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

They need to decide when that will be and announce it then, it took then almost 5 years to merge Ragefire and Lockjaw back together. Mischief and Thornblade need to be merged before/when TLP(s) 2022 launches.
  19. Furryous New Member

I doubt they will merge them, with the new transfer policy, people can buy transfer token between both servers at any time
  20. jeskola pheerie

They have already announced they will be merged and given a window of May/June/July