please devs make a boxing server as a 3rd tlp option.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 13, 2021.

1. mark Augur

making a 3rd server where people can box on 1pc will help lowering the login lines and allow most non rmt boxers to have a server where people arent toxic towards them because they box.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  2. Thewiz Augur

I wish there was a boxing server with this ruleset launching as well. But there won't be one per Dreamweaver. I suggest you play on Rizlona as it is the only boxing TLP we have atm.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No
    Appren and Nolrog like this.
  4. mark Augur

skuz his there a reason you dont want a tlp boxing server with fv loot rules that would make a lot of players happy and bring a few subs for player on it to daybreak?
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

You asked for a second server that was boxing enabled, and got not much support, and some pushback. Then the community came together, went 8 pages of full agreement that we needed a simultaneous launch of the overflow server, before DPG would finally commit to it publicly. Your response to that was to ask for a third server for boxing. Are you even paying attention?

I get it, you want this boxing server, but you seem to have no clue to how things work. Posting that you cancelled 10 of 12 accounts, getting that thread deleted, and then you posted it again. Did it get deleted again? I don't feel like checking, but I'm guessing so.

When you ask for something and get the support of two or three other people, and just as much pushback before the thread dies, it's not a hot issue that a lot of people support. Rizlona still exists, and there will likely be other boxing servers in the future. Accept that reality and move on. They aren't going to spin up a third server when they were hoping to avoid spinning up the second one as it is.

Its time to cut your losses and focus on reality. Lobby for a FV boxing server for next year, it may not happen, but it's more likely than it happening this year.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Boxing fans just got Rizlona, expecting the team to make a boxing server for every generation of TLP is simply unreasonable & unjustified - Rizlona didn't exactly overflow like the past few "standard TLP" and we have no actual metrics to decide if the Mischief ruleset is successful as is apart from the forum posts.

Give the ruleset a chance to show whether it has any legs, if it does extremely well the chances of a boxing server version go up immensely but if ends up being a flash in the pan there's zero incentive to try it with a boxing server.

All that said....

I still maintain the "best-case" TLP rulesets would start with Truebox but switch it off when DoDH unlocks (or 75 on a LLP).
    If they do that they can capture interest from both sets of players without continued splitting of the player-base - look at every mature TLP and the players there have all asked for Truebox removal so far - with an expected 1 or 2 dissenting against it.
    Truebox eventually kills player-retention even if it starts off being a good thing - it's time to understand & recognise it does have a place but that place is not beneficial for the full duration of a TLP server's existence.
    Appren and Polekn like this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

8. Elabone Augur

In before the next 4 threads asking for one.
    jeskola and Lejaun like this.
  9. Kylo Classic Augur

Yeah, but will it really reduce the login queue? Doubtful.
  10. mark Augur

so few people normaly post on the forums compared to the actual player base so you dont really know who wants to play on one remember the silent majority his where eq gets most of their subs,if you make a boxing fv server its a boxer paradise people will have the opportunity to gear up their boxes way easier,also me think some botters might not like a boxing server.
  11. Bardy McFly Augur

I still fully support a boxing Mischief server. I'll dabble in the non-box version but I don't plan on playing it for any duration due to lack of boxing. Canceling my subs again after that, as I have no interest in Rizlona or any other current offering (FV + random loot + boxing is the only reason I would play long term at this point).
  12. Bardy McFly Augur

As a firm boxing player (the only way I play now), I can say I would have absolutely zero interest in joining a server that didn't open boxing until even as soon as after PoP. If boxing isn't open from the start, I'd never start there and I have no interest in joining an already established server that is well past launch.
  13. Kylo Classic Augur

Yet you still post.
  14. Kylo Classic Augur

But what does it matter if you are boxing and playing by yourself anyways. Why must it be a new server?
    Skuz and Niskin like this.
  15. Runes Augur

This is what makes Devs drink, they bend and add a 2nd server and its never enough.
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Everybody thinks they have a silent majority, what they really have is a silent unknown. Representation is pretty well covered here, it's not a perfect random sample of all players, but most ideas and viewpoints get represented. Once again, we had 8 pages of consensus on a second server with the same rules. You have Elite_boxer, Bardy McFly, and yourself, in every thread on this so far. It's not even close.

As for gearing up your boxes easier, sure, but is it really hard on Rizlona, where you can box as many as you want, with assistance software? What raid can't you do, what challenge is too hard for a boxer with the limits turned off? You already have what you need, you just aren't happy with it.

As for the botters, they will be on the Truebox servers, breaking the rules like they always do. They wouldn't consider a boxing server because the players there don't need their goods. As was already pointed out, there is nothing wrong with Rizlona, and boxers don't need free trade loot when they can camp whatever their heart desires.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

This isn't true at all. Ragefire is a TLP server and it is still going strong.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  18. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

They didn't bend. They always had the plan to release the second server depending how launch went. They just went ahead and released it now. They already have plans to merge the two servers at a later date also.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Technically they have plans to look into merging it. Turns out server merges can only happen in May/June/July so in that window they will evaluate if the 2 servers are ready for a merger or not. We don't really know what the upper bound population is to be merger worthy. If in a year there are 10 guilds on each server is that low enough? 5?
  20. Runes Augur

That is not correct at all, the original plan was launch one server, wait and see if a second server was needed and then possibly release it. There was NEVER a plan to 100% release the overflow server.

so yes Devs listened to the community, changed their plans to accommodate us and now people are asking for a 3rd server right after getting what they wanted, which was to have 2 servers launch at the same time without waiting to see if the overflow was needed.