Any Aus/NZ Oceanic Guilds for Mischief?

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Pondelllo, May 4, 2021.

1. Pondelllo New Member

As title says, any Oz guilds for Mischief?
    Kha'Ri likes this.
  2. Terranos Elder

Haven't seen one yet, also curious if any are forming, luckily I have other options and will probably roll with Zaide's guild if nothing concrete happens.
  3. PriestofDiscord Journeyman

Also interested in knowing this. Will keep an eye on this thread.
  4. Davo The Bard

Looking like Davo The Bard will be playing at this launch ... I am third shift USA and tend to end up playing alot with the Aussies ... so if someone is starting something, let me know. Alternatively, make a call on what server so we can get all the GMT +10 timezone people in one place.

Davo
    The Bard
  5. Terranos Elder

Not a particularly large talent pool from which to draw especially with guilds on Mangler and Aradune still going.

When I'm drunk enough I'm like, "I'll totally make an Aussie guild on the new free trade server" Then I sober up and am "WTF was I thinking, hell no"
  6. PriestofDiscord Journeyman

yeah, hopefully someone organises something. Even if it's casual or whatever I wouldn't mind too much personally.

Unless you're unemployed its basically impossible to raid in our timeslot. Might have to see if any guilds plan to raid on weekends or something as a last option.

If anyone hears anything about an oceanian guild in the works please update this thread.
  7. Kha'Ri New Member

Wondering how much damage you could do to my BWS account over the next thirteen days?
  8. Nykara2 Elder

Other half and I have been considering making something casual for this time slot. We have played EQ on and off but haven't raided in a long, long time.

Just looking to do something fun / casual / family atmosphere, soloers, casuals and groupers would be welcome and try our hands at what we are able to do over time with anyone who wants to learn/relearn with us.

We are still deciding on which of the two servers to jump in on.
  9. Davo The Bard

I have a feeling many of the existing AU NZ HK SGT KST timezone TLP guilds may see a bit of an exodus to this server concept ... I think there will be plenty of them/us around on MishiefBlade

Davo
    The Bard
  10. Kakashi77 Elder

Whilst that may be true, a lot of existing Asian/Oceanic players have stayed on with their guilds to see later expansions - something rare to see these days since we keep spinning up new servers every year. Coirnav is in Underfoot (which is amazing), Mangler in TSS and Aradune now in PoP.

Needless to say I'm sure someone will take the time to form an oceanic guild as it normally happens for every new server (drawing in the ones that enjoy the repeat of old content or the ones that missed out on prior launches).
  11. mark Augur

so eany news on an asian/oceanic guild ?
  12. Suvi New Member

Hi all,

I've seen a bit of interest so I'm gathering people. We may be merging with another guild if they raid during the same time or if the affinity is there. :)

I'll be looking to raid but we're interested in all good players during those timezones. Stop by and say 'ello!

Here's the message I posted on the EQ discord:

Brisbanian likes this.
  13. PriestofDiscord Journeyman

Are you guys set on rolling on thornblade, Suvi? I think I'll hold off for a mischief guild personally.

Mischief is going to be far more populated, and in our hours it's already horrible enough trying to find anyone else. In previous TLP's I've always rolled desirable classes like cleric / enchanters / tanks so as to try and avoid sitting LFG, but it still gets extremely difficult after around 7pm east coast aussie time.

For mine, I think the few weeks of pain at server launch for Mischief is worth it long term.
  14. Suvi New Member

Hey PoD,

Yes, we’re pretty set on Thornblade for now. Most of these are assumptions now but we can only go with past experiences. The reasons are that:

1. Mischief will have a queue that will prevent people from getting in the few weeks(days)?. We’d like to play immediately.
    2. General interest in both servers seems high enough we’re not worried about starting populations. The servers are the same rule set so if things start hurting they’ll be merged. They’re the exact same rule set so this should be easy.
    3. Current members have shown preference to Thornblade specifically.
    4. Forming an aussie guild will help us get more reliable playgroups going in the ‘off-peak’ EQ time zones. As you mentioned 7pm AEST is a hard one no matter how hardcore US mainland players are. :)

I definitely understand your concerns but we’ll be functioning in a gray zone for a while on these things. I haven’t seen another Oceania contingent assembling so you’ll be likely to join a US or EU guild. If there’s Mischief Oceania players we’re not trying to water down the timezone so we’d up for debate then(before launch window, ofc.)
  15. PriestofDiscord Journeyman

Hey mate, thanks for responding back.

1 - Agreed. There will be an immediate queue, but to me that's just a difference of opinion I suppose. I think I'd just prefer to have the most loaded server especially for our timezone. I get it though if people want to not be frustrated in the opening days.

2 - The merging was stated somewhere else that it would be 'looked into' some point in 2022 at the earliest. That's a long time on a TLP.

3 - Fair call.

4 - Agreed. Hopefully something forms on Mischief.

Good luck to you and your crew mate, it's going to be a very interesting TLP experience this time around.

If anyone else is going to be rolling on Mischief or knows of anything forming around our timezone, please keep us posted.
    Suvi likes this.
  16. Zansobar Augur

There's a Reddit poll for server choice, take it with a grain of salt, but if this poll is accurate the population may be much closer than people think.

Reddit Poll

So far it is 57% Mischief 43% Thornblade with 300 respondents.
    Suvi likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I could be interested. UK player but I play during my daytime.

Will see how my playtime line up after Wednesday
    Suvi likes this.
  18. Suvi New Member

Hey Yinla,

Cool, hit us up on discord if you’re interested. We’re coordinating playtimes right now to see if we can get some frequent grouping going.

https://discord.gg/8Us2ZmRaSy