Ragefire - House of Thule: Defeated

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TichToch, May 11, 2021.

1. TichToch New Member

House of Thule has been defeated on Ragefire server now! Next stop: Veil of Alaris.

For anyone who may be looking to see level 90+ content now is a great time to get caught up. The server has a healthy population and multiple guilds are still rocking out content; it's fantastic to see the population at this level considering my prior experiences on other TLPs.

A little over three months until VOA, cheers Ragefire!
    Karliv, Skuz, Tweakfour17 and 3 others like this.
  2. Aegir Augur

Congratulations!

Enjoy Veil of Alaris, one of my favorite late game expansions before they are filled with revamped zones.

Raid difficulty also gets a bump. Some very challenging and fun events in store for you guys!
    Raptorjesus5, Skuz and andross77 like this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Grats guys on getting through one of the worst raid expacs. Sanctum was such a let down after how amazing UF was and how great HoT group game is.

VoA raids are fantastic, such wide diversity between them. Some great fights there.
    Skuz and andross77 like this.
  4. Machen New Member

Sanctum has some weird events. But it's also the last expansion that you don't need to memorize a four page script with five different phases for the final boss. So, it's not as bad as all that.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

It's the only raid where it forces you to zone out of it multiple times, one of them being in path of a roamer that can be a named.
    The push mechanic from one of the first fights is terrible. The everything mezzes fight is a really unfun mechanic if you try to do the fight normally. randomly underwater fight that can drown you while doing loot. A 'puzzle' fight where the puzzle is hidden. Another push mechanic lol
    Triune God is lengthy, I dont really remember most other fights after that being long write ups.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Congratulations on beating HoT.
  7. Zansobar Augur

Didn't realize Ragefire was still a server, figured everyone would have moved on to the newer TLPs. Learn something new every day!
    Catalina likes this.
  8. Triconix Augur

What an unnecessary backhand comment.

How shocking is it that people want to see beyond the first 10% of the game? Not everyone enjoys killing frogs in seb every 8 months for 5 years straight.
  9. Lejaun Augur

If people aren't trying to insult others on the forum, it just wouldn't be EQ forum. Arguing/insulting over pixels is the number one game played by many here.
  10. Gremin Augur

Yup Ragefire is still kicking. I believe 4 guilds are there, just dont remember all the names except I know Dead Halfling Society and Damage are still going.
  11. jeskola pheerie

12. TichToch New Member

Understandable based on server age. However, I would say that multiple servers have come out since Ragefire and those that remain are here to continue onwards. Four guilds worth of raiders in House of Thule era is super impressive, in my opinion. Some may use more boxes than others but that is also okay. I've still seen raids capped with 54 individual players.

Sanctum definitely had its quirks and they were fun to learn!
  13. sieger Augur

Part of the reason Ragefire is still going (and in a better place than say, Coirnav or even better than how Phinny limped to the end of its time as a TLP) is because it is non-truebox, because truebox actively kills server populations after the early MOTM-eras for which it was designed.
    Tweakfour17, jeskola and Skuz like this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Very true, not sure if DBG just hasn't looked at these metrics, or if they actively prefer the servers to die off so they can recycle them but it would be nice if they would consider the back end of the life cycle more than just churning out new TLPs every year.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Roxas MM Augur

gratz Ragefire, really nice work.
  16. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Veil of Alaris is a great expansion... except for Sepulcher. All my homies hate Sepulcher.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Might want to start hating the farm for the Merc slot expansion quest now, in VoA.