Mischief and Thornblade - Simultaneous Launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, May 10, 2021.

1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

They care, they just don't always communicate well. This has been a major issue for multiple previous launches, the worst of which was the most recent launch. If it goes smoothly this time then everything will be fine, and people will worry less next time.

Things they could be saying right now:

- We adjusted the queue system to handle more people and get them in faster.
    - We will launch Thornblade on day one if the queue times are multiple hours or longer.
    - Mischief is an upgraded server that can handle double the number of simultaneous users as previous servers.

If they haven't actually done anything, and are just hoping for the best, or assuming the launch won't be huge, then I would stay silent too. Which is what I am assuming happened since they have remained silent. Surprise us DPG, do what we don't expect. Don't let us sit here and assume the worst. Tell us something good, or admit there is nothing good to tell.

People are adjusting plans to play, taking time off work. They are assuming the worst, but hoping for the best. A hint of what you think will happen would be nice.
  2. Bardy McFly Augur

There is a difference between not caring and not having the resources (both money and bodies) to accomplish what they know community wants.

I've worked for companies that are starved for resources and as a person that is very passionate about their work and being "an agent of change", nothing is more demoralizing than not being able to deliver what you know is needed because the bean counters say no.
  3. wanagi New Member

I agree with the idea of having 2 servers going from the start.
    Playing Everque isnt fun at all.
  4. Rolento23 Journeyman

They still have 2 weeks to figure out there plan, but I agree that they need to come out and communicate with us and at least give us an idea of what there thinking. Even though I don't like the idea of launching Thornblade after Mistchief goes live. Even if its hours after. If they at least let people know that's a real possibility and to expect it. Maybe just maybe people will actually play on that server over Mistchief
  5. Moforyguy Elder

I am hoping they announce something soon so people who have guilds of over 100 people know if they should plan to play second server. Otherwise no one will plan to go to the back up server and login issues will be terrible.
  6. Attila Augur

Seriously, do this. Don't let the squirrel in the window distract you from what needs to be done.
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

Hey everyone, really quick I wanted to thank you all for your passion and input and while I'll be putting this in news and announcements as well. The dev team has decided to launch Mischief and Thornblade simultaneously on May 26.
  8. Azzudien Augur

THANK YOU
    andross77 likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Interesting development.

Now I just hope the enthusiasm is sufficient to make them both highly populated.
    I also hope clear merger plans are on the table & there are sensible parameters to carry out the merge to keep the population healthy - this company has something of a history of doing mergers far later than they should have.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  10. Tutu New Member

Great News, Rejoice!
  11. Atrebe New Member

Thank you so much!!
  12. Kylo Classic Augur

13. ForumBoss Augur

That's great. Has anyone heard about whether transfers will be allowed?
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

DW's statement is probably all that's out there so far. Since they should be the same ruleset it should be possible, but we won't know for sure until they make a statement on it.
  15. Hateseeker Augur

awesome, all that's needed now is a response to the passion against truebox and slow exp
  16. EQDude Elder

17. Xanathol Augur

Very cool.

Now if we could just get the Sleeper awakening script disabled during Velious so the same group of people that ruin it for everyone every TLP can't greif this server too, that would be great.
  18. Rolento23 Journeyman

Thank you for listening to our feedback and concerns. This is great to hear
    andross77 likes this.
  19. Nighthawk Lorekeeper

Thank you for the consideration and action on this. Feels good to know you are listening at least.
  20. Lejaun Augur

THANK YOU. Thank you. Thank you.