Patch Issue: Other's Pet's Hits Filter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lodestar, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Lodestar The Undefeated

It appears that the patch has changed something relating to "Other's Pet's Hits". This was all filtered out of my main chat window before, but now since the patch it's populating in my main chat window on both computers, for any other owner's pet attacks. Can anyone speak to what filter can be used to forcefully filter this to a different window now?
    Raccoo, Mithra, Yonna and 32 others like this.
  2. Lodestar The Undefeated

Alright it looks like Daybreak changed that Pet Flurries are now landing under NPC Flurry. Something was also changed relating to mercenary healing. Can these items be included in the patch notes? Why were they not?
    Skuz, Yonna, Zois and 2 others like this.
  3. niente Developer

Can you paste some of the logs of the messages you're seeing? I'm wondering if they're criticals/flurries/rampage etc. because those were changed in the April patch.
    Yonna, Zois and Shyran like this.
  4. Lodestar The Undefeated

Thanks Niente. On your all's side, you should simply be able to test by flipping "NPC Flurry" to a different window, and you will see that Pet flurries are also flipping to a different window. Previously pet flurries were under the "Pet rampage/flurry" category.
    Skuz, Yonna, Zois and 2 others like this.
  5. Ginormus Journeyman

It seems a lot of chat messages have changed color/filter/window. For me it is critical heals, pet hitting something, etc.

Almost as if the whole vector of config had shifted one or many ranks in the set of colors/filters/anchored windows. Can't find a way to configure them again, as if the config did not match the reality of the messages.

I can't wait to raid with that spam on the main window :)
    Yonna, Zois, Shyran and 2 others like this.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Everyone else's crits are all mixed in with mine now. Heal over Time crits on random raiders clogging up my DPS stream =D
    Can we get those split back out as well?
    Duder, Skuz, Yonna and 4 others like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

IT is things like this which made me change my main window to be spam and and 2nd chant window to be my chat.

That way my chat window should never get anything in it other than what I want.
    Skuz, Yonna, Zois and 3 others like this.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

I can confirm that it isn't just crit, flurry, etc that are showing. Like in Frank's screenshot, I am picking up every pet's combat in my combat window, when I had it filtered out to a spam window before.
    Skuz, Yonna, Zois and 3 others like this.
  10. Angahran Augur

Care to elaborate on what exactly was changed ?
    Yonna, Zois, Shyran and 1 other person like this.
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

Bow damage with the (Double Bow Shot) is being filtered under critical hits now as well.
    Duder, Skuz, Yonna and 3 others like this.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Not only is the pet flurry and ramp not filtered out, but its color coded red like I'm getting hit by rampage =(
    Duder, Skuz, Yonna and 3 others like this.
  13. Strumph Augur

And really why the change?
    Duder, Yonna, Zois and 1 other person like this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Sounds like an extra line or -1 in the wrong box got put on a database somewhere & shifted all the filtering around so the filters for things don't actually match their damage types etc any more.
  15. minimind The Village Idiot

I've been able to hide pet flurry as suggested above. How do I hide NPC Wild Rampage damage to pets?
    Yonna, Zois, Shyran and 1 other person like this.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

To be clear about what some of the changes appear to be:

Heal Criticals used to be:

Spells > Heals (Others)
    Spells > Heals (Yours)

are now under:

Spells > Criticals

for both YOUR and OTHER

Direct Damage Criticals used to be:

Spells > Direct Damage (Yours)

are now under:

Spells > Criticals

This means it is in the same filter as healing criticals.

Melee Criticals used to be:

Melee > Your Hits

are now under:

Melee > Critical Hits

This means it is in the same filter as OTHER melee critical hits.

Heals and damage should NOT both be under "Spells > Criticals"

Self and Others' Melee Criticals should NOT both be under "Melee > Critical Hits"

Some other filter mistakes, unsure if they are related to this specific patch or not:

Pet spell damage is filtered under Spells > Pet Spells when it should be under Direct Damage (Others)
    Healing from auras on you are filtered under Spells > Aura (Yours) when it should be under Spells > Healing (Yours)
    Healing from auras on Others are filtered under Spells > Aura (Others) when it should be under Spells > Healing (Others)
    Zurril, Duder, Skuz and 11 others like this.
  17. Strumph Augur

Is there any more information you need for this issue?
    Duder, Yonna, Zois and 1 other person like this.
  18. Galamann Journeyman

Any plans to fix the filters? I cannot parse the whole raid and filter only MY spells. It's a major issue for me with dotting on raids as a shaman. Any Devs who want to be shown this issue please DM me on Discord (Galamann#5431)
    Zurril, Duder, Raccoo and 4 others like this.
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It looks like every filter with something in parentheses is still broken.
    Duder, Yonna, Zois and 2 others like this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pet Flurries are showing in chat even with them filtered out, I had to filter out NPC Flurry to get Pet Flurry out of the chat window I want only my own damage going to.

So that seems to be a problem since NPC flurry should not be what filters Pet Flurry.