Test Update 05/11/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 11, 2021.

1. Sancus Augur

On test I got 6.21 procs per minute over the course of about an hour with the Velium Endowed Staff. Looks like the fix did make it in and just isn't in the patch notes.
    RPoo, Jondalar, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  2. kizant Augur

Ignoring the tanks nobody comes close to necros. That's why they're still adjusting things.
    Skuz, Astral64 and Sancus like this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Thank you for keeping at it for the fix and checking Sancus.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel, Astral64 and Sancus like this.
  4. Thundersnake Elder

Unlike top end raiders, some of us are more concerned with the group game, which as it stood we were barely able to keep up with some of the more bursty classes. Now we fall behind and are thus less likely to get groups in favor of stronger DPS classes. When a Zerker can do over 5mil damage in under a second to a group mob and it takes us about 8 seconds to even get enough dots to do that much per tick it kind of feels unbalanced to nerf our up front DPS. I'd almost rather them adjust the duration of our Dots by a Tick on than the damage per tick.
    menown and Lyyr like this.
  5. Lyyr Lorekeeper

That or target their 'fixes' at the actual problem, which isn't the group geared players doing group content. He even nerfed the swift dots, nobody uses those.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Still.no improvements for wizzys and mages
    OlavSkullcrusher and Skuz like this.
  7. Galamann Journeyman

8. Vividor Elder

Nice upgrade for old hunter containers. Now just dont forget to upgrade loyalists container, 16 slots sounds totally out-of-time.
    Skuz and Jumbur like this.
  9. zleski Augur

Sneaking in a 15% nerf to most Necromancer damage over time spells is far worse than nerfing most Necromancer damage over time spells by 15%.
  10. Rylak Elder

Can we please stop with the rampant misinformation and the non-factual driven comments that these changes have somehow nerfed necros into some type oblivion and made them unplayable outside of the raid game?

Facts:
    1) Consolidated wounds - this basically acts as a unification of Septic and cytotoxic wounds. If you casted more than these 2, then there is loss that won't be made up in the spell line. However.....
    2) Buffed Scourge line by 44%, making it a viable spell to cast in cycle. This plus ignite can help full the gaps where you weren't stacking wounds.
    3) 15% reduction to all other DoTs. Honestly expected after the massive increase received from the initial revamp. Consider it part of final tuning to an overall massive upgrade to where necros were a year ago. Not a nerf.
    4) 15% lower mana cost. Not significant in group game, but will help raid necros who are pushing high DPS while skirting with mana. Can cover mana cost of additional DoTs they cast in lieu of wounds stack, and be more efficient after a death.

In all, I'd say this will equate to a 5-20% reduction in DPS for most players who put in little to no effort into reworking their lineups and efficiencies. Great necros will find ways to make this a near net zero, both in group and raid game.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Yep, they are WAAY too expensive for their small size.
    They should either increase the size to 32+, or decrease the cost so much that it can replace the Tinker Toolbox as the "default newbie bag" for fresh level 1 chars.

At the current price, you are better of getting Bags of Plat and spending them on bags in the bazaar...:oops:
    Smokeydistic, Skuz and Yinla like this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Unless the spell history on eq resources is lying the necro dots that got adjusted are still doing a significant amount of damage more than they did before the dot revamp started.
    Smokeydistic, kizant and Skuz like this.
  13. Gr8fuldave Augur

I'm really excited about the item comparison tool. Will it compare to your currently worn item without any augs? I hope so because it's tough to compare when augs are in an item
    minimind and klanderso like this.
  14. klanderso Developer

It should ignore any augments in both items when doing a comparison.

PS - You can also copy your character to Test and try it out ;)
  15. Lyyr Lorekeeper

DoT's are the compound interest of DPS, the size of the nerf is going to depend on the groups overall dps. Faster killing groups will result in this being a larger nerf for necros. I find it highly unlikely this will be a 'near net zero' loss for a competent necro in a balanced group making an effort to play up to it's potential, it is more likely that this is the place where the loss will be felt the most. For a competent necro in a low dps group this might actually be a dps increase as they will have more viable spells to cast and have the time to actually stack them.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Overall this is a great patch in my opinion, with changes across the game.

I would have liked to have seen the HA from COTF to TBM getting the remainder of their reversions completed so they are properly restored to their pre-upscaled states - TBM's being the worst affected of these - while live players can avoid those somewhat and the next TLP that will be moving through those as in-era content is still a ways off from them this is already long overdue.
    minimind likes this.
  17. kizant Augur

Been trying item compare on Test and it's really nice.
    klanderso, minimind and Skuz like this.
  18. Ibudin Augur

You were really using Wounds on group mobs with a tank and spank group? Unless im missing something in the notes, they changed Wounds and Scourage line of spells, with the expac Scourage was maybe used on one event, and Wounds will be a hit but dpending on the event, i even laid off those as well. This is mostly a hit to a raider, not a group necro, a solo necro who used wounds will be impacted by this, no more root a bunch of mobs stack wounds, couple dots and move on? Am i missing something?

Edit - guess I am not seeing the 15% decrease in damage in the notes. I guess, I really don't care anymore either... so many players hating on necros and cant wait for a nerf. In my guild situation on raids, we're responsible for close to 20% of the total damage per event. This change just makes those events longer, because the players complaining about the necro dps, are still under performing by many 100,000 dps with in their own class. This nerf makes them feel better about themselves, but solves nothing for them.
  19. Ythera Augur

You're not missing anything. The wounds line was only used by raiders and solo necros who would snare a mob, throw the wounds and then go on to the next mob while kiting. Lyyr's arguments against the reduction in damage come from a place with no memory of how necros were prior to the revamp of dots and enhanced decay.
    Smokeydistic and kizant like this.
  20. menown Augur

Maybe some remember the process better than others.

Druid - initial revamp February 2017 - final readjustment February 2018
    Enchanter - initial revamp April 2016 - final readjustment June 2018
    Shaman - initial revamp Feb/March 2017 - final readjustment Feb/March 2018
    Beastlord - initial revamp March 2016 - final readjustment November 2017

SK - initial revamp April 2020 - no readjustment

Necro - initial revamp May-Aug 2020 - readjusted May 2021

*Edit - Just wanted to add that I did not mean to mislead the dates by using final readjustment instead of first/second ... adjustment. A more precise timeline could be made per spell instead of per class and multiple dates. We still don't know yet if there will be more than 1 adjustment yet for the Necromancer DoTs. Some DoTs only received 1 adjustment, while others received multiple.

TLDR: the process is not the same for every class/DoT, as posted above.
    Xhieron and Sancus like this.