Mischief and Thornblade - Simultaneous Launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, May 10, 2021.

1. Pinch Ekaboom New Member

There is no doubt about it. We need a second server at the same launch of Mischief. TLP servers have continued to gain more and more traction since Agnarr (for as long as I have been playing) and every launch has been the worst part about the TLP. We all come back to enjoy the nostalgia of being in newbie zones flooded with other players but what's the point if we can't even long in or even reserve the name that we want. Most of the competitive guilds will remain on one server but there will be a significant amount of people that shift to a secondary server so that they can at least experience the ruleset of a randomized Firiona Vie server.
  2. Machen New Member

I speak for everyone who is content on their current server and will never even log in to Mischief. We, all 50 thousand of us, fully support this. One server only. #nochanges.
    AtabishiWoW likes this.
  3. Elite_raider Augur

Could be, or maybe their metric for a successful launch is whether or not their changes to handle huge loads work or not? :)
  4. Bardy McFly Augur

You're talking the Legends server concept where a server gets priority attention for an extra cost. It didn't go over well back then and I don't think it would now. People would feel forced into a higher cost bracket for decent server stability and I don't think that's a precident they want to set.
  5. Serial experiments New Member

I feel the not wanting to pay more for a service when they refuse to give good service as is. What they really need to do is listen to their community and give us this second server. You reading this dream weaver tell those folks we want our second server on lunch at the same damn time announced ahead of time.
  6. Zohan Journeyman

2 Servers at start really needs to happen. I tried to play on Aradune but just could not
    Ideally 2 servers with truebox rule set and for all the boxers on forums give them a 3rd server
    andross77, Elite_raider and Angelus like this.
  7. Relentless Insomnia

Rizlona's launch was actually much smoother. Sure there were issues still but it was playable far more than Aradune. We were logging into Rizlona to mess around while trying to get onto Aradune for 4-6 hours straight.
  8. Labouche New Member

Adding my vote for simultaneous server launch. Couldn't get onto Aradune for what felt like weeks, it was mucho annoying.
    andross77 likes this.
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think it could be potentially comforting to the community to hear from DPG why they don't believe this is necessary this time. Have they made major changes we don't know about? Did they only sell like 3 bags so they know this is all hype? Is this a new server unlike previous server backends? Tell us something.

Yes, if they come out and explain themselves, and then are wrong, it will look bad. But no worse than if they stay silent in the face of everybody warning them, and are still wrong. All the bad outcomes are tied to a bad launch, regardless of what is said ahead of time. So give us something, some details as to why you are confident this time, or just say you are now considering a simultaneous launch.

When this server was announced, it sounded cool, but I honestly had no interest in it. Now I'll probably play some the first week if I can get in, and judge the rest from there. This ruleset combination has piqued curiosity that hasn't existed before.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  10. Atrebe New Member

No kidding. Why is it so hard to just say something like:

"We hear you, we are going to look into this and see if it's feasible."
    or
    "We appreciate everyone's interest in this exciting new server! So great to see so many passionate EQ supporters after all these years... We are going to review your suggestions and make a decision."

Or just say ANYthing. Give us ANY kind of update.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  11. Azzudien Augur

Will be total crash and burn without 2nd server. If they have holiday weekend bonus experience and people are sitting in 5-6 hour queues these forums, discord, twitter etc will be swamped with people complaining. They just need to take the leap, announce simultaneous launch of 2nd server now. Even with 2 I would bet a large amount of krono that they both will have lengthy queues.
  12. Raytheon Augur

Do this. also, Thornblade sucks for a "Mischief/Bristlebane" themed overflow server. Alternative suggestions:

• Ekim Nattop
    • Jester
    • Not Yours
    • Chuckles the Great
    • Stomples
  13. Lejaun Augur

Yep....that's the only reason I ever made characters on Rizlona. I wanted to play on Aradune, and did when I could log in, but Rizlona was much easier to log into and a play area while waiting for Aradune.
  14. Relentless Insomnia

Exactly our experience as well. Pretty much proof that two servers can mitigate the pain.
    CokaRZ likes this.
  15. Strath Dizzle New Member

Imagine how Aradune would have been without Rizlona, it was already in a state of disaster(for lots of other reasons) but add in all those extra people. Yikes. Please, two server launch!
    TLP Addict likes this.
  16. Relentless Insomnia

BIG TRUE
  17. TLP Addict Augur

Yes, very good point, Aradune had a similar server launch at the exact same time and still managed to be a complete cluster****
  18. CokaRZ "Oh! they baited us"

Have the Devs not said anything yet? This needs to be dealt with, this time we will not have a Rizlona to fall back on!
  19. Relentless Insomnia

This won't age well. :rolleyes:
  20. Kylo Classic Augur

By the time they make up their minds, we will have all chosen mischief.