Bristlebane Be Praised - Mischief is coming!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I suggested similar years ago. Now, for the TLPs and raid content that probably wouldn't work, but for group content, would be really cool if Fabled versions had like a 0.5-1% chance to pop instead of the named. Mini raids available with very limited volume rewards that would be good for a few expansions would be kinda fun on a TLP. Add some spice.
  2. Kayfis New Member

Hello devs!! First thank you Everquest team for over 20 years of EQ, been playing since I was a kid.

Humbly requesting a Boxing server version of the mischief server ruleset.

Alot of people will complain on my post and that's OK. But hear me out. We have Rizlona but it's not the FV ruleset with an awesome twist. I honestly feel it would be very popular and would give us a chance to immerse ourselves in your great idea. I have a family and I'm a trucker personally and being able to box on the road with my one computer makes things a lot easier. I won't go into further details about the same old story you always hear.

I thought the side by side truebox/boxer servers really helped alot with addressing people with different playstyles. In addition, it really separated people who like to box and people who try to exploit your game play rules. It was simple to follow the rules and just go to Rizlona.

Please consider, and again thank you. This game has been my favorite game since I was 12 =)
    ForumBoss likes this.
  3. Yogi the Bear I have flea's

Can we please launch BST in classic? I can play Kunark & Velious without an epic. Those can race change to kitty when they are ready.
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Unfortunately, pitting players against each other and forcing friction over contested spawns appears to make them far more money, as it drives up the demand for Kronos. I don't think we'll be seeing any non-TrueBox servers again any time soon. Happy players = less money for them. :(
  5. Kayfis New Member

I always thought BST and zerker day one would be nice frosting on a new tlp.
    He'll the classic planes drop their gear. Only issue is epics.
    Yogi the Bear likes this.
  6. Tylon New Member

Make Krono no drop until POP and I'll play. Otherwise it'll be a bunch of farmers for the first few months ruining the experience just like all the other progression servers.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

All that does is move the krono trades to another server or bring back 3rd party websites for items. Trying to prevent trading of krono on a server just invites more scams as trades can still happen and now have more opportunities for someone to get scammed.
    code-zero and Nolrog like this.
  8. Zigie Journeyman

I would not mind seeing a DUALBOX ruleset. Instead of one EQ account per PC, allow 2 accounts on the same PC but only 2 accounts from the same IP. Don't make people pay or have to setup a 2nd PC, allow them to play with 1 setup and 2 screens. Just limit them doing more than 2 accounts at a time.

EQ needs to ask itself, which is more typical....2 people in the same house that would each want to play 2 toons at once....or every person who wants to play on TLP that doesn't have a 2nd PC paying for a 2nd account to run 2 on the same setup.

Sadly none of the truebox is ever enforced. The people who want to get around it still do. The guy with 30 accounts still runs a virtual box and doles out 30 instances all with unique CPU-ID numbers and using VPNs to get unique IPs. Then they all auto swim into a corner of a zone so they don't have to wait in a Q when its time to play again. Or they all run to the EC tunnel and go into merchant mode until they wake up and want to play again.
  9. Tylon New Member

and your point is? All that is already out there. Take Krono away and most if not all of the farmers with mass accounts will not be a problem. Scamming in the early game was always an issue and will continue to be unless they implement a shared bank space for users to transfer items and/or create a bazaar in the EC tunnel.
    All Krono does is bring in the item and plat farmers to pay for their multiple accounts.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes they would as your suggestion doesn't remove krono from the server (not that they would ever do that) it just means that the farmers would have to do their trades on a different server or go back to selling the items for plat and selling plat online just like they did before krono entered the game.

Making krono no drop doesn't hurt the bot armies at all it just changes how they do business.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Limiting by IP address is pointless as anyone who wants to get around it can and just penalizes families that play together that don't want to get around the rule by using a vpn or having multiple networks in the house..
  12. Nicolos Journeyman

Krono being no-trade makes them redundant. The whole point is that people can buy game time from someone else with in-game means, so might as well remove them all together. Besides the fact that there is 0% chance either will happen, you have to understand your place in this situation. You’re telling a company you will pay $15 once a month in order to retain your business vs someone willing to spend hundreds to play. Which of those players do you think they are going to cater to?

I get it; I don’t play the krono game myself. I’ve had maybe 5 since they came out and have never once felt at a disadvantage. Can I buy everything I want? Nope, but I couldn’t pre-krono days either. I am aware enough to know that Kronos keep the lights on and I’d rather have them than see the game shuttered.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They changed it:
    BST Planar gear now only drops once SoL unlocks
    BER Planar gear now only drops once GoD unlocks

If the Planar gear was not an oversight/accident and the dev team thinking about having BST & BER in classic was something they once considered they clearly walked back from that and these classes are firmly locked to their expansions once again.

More's the pity.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You must be new to EQ

EQ RMT Market was estimated at 10 million dollars a year in 2001, based off Ebay sales alone of 5 million USD

It probably grew since then despite falling player numbers for several years until circa 2015 when changes had started to see player numbers increase.

Krono allows DarkPaw to get a slice of that RMT market and offer players better safety measures than they get on 3rd party sites in the process.

Lock Krono on one server and players will just carry out the trade on another server in lieu - making blocking them on one server entirely pointless.

And Mischief, being free Trade & Randomized loots will be much harder work for krono-farmers as it is, no way they can monopolize every single named so they cannot corner the market on anything - krono farming will happen but it will be very different than it has been on ALL prior TLP servers where they could lock down specific items by monopolizing certain spawn locations.
  15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It will definitely be different. A lot will depend on the loot tables, and we can only speculate about that. But since nobody can camp specific great items, I bet the best stuff will be more rare than on a typical server - causing the price of the best items to be higher than usual. I expect a lot of sticker shock and high-krono transactions.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No the best stuff will be in greater amounts per hundred players than it was on prior TLP due to the higher rare-mob / named spawn rate.

The big difference is there will be an absolute ton of other items for sale since a much, much broader range of mobs are going to be getting camped, and every available named will effectively have a broader loot table to pull from - at least that's how I understand things at present and until the way the loot works is better understood that's the way players should think of it going in.

So I think gear overall will be in an abundance never seen before on a TLP, rather than a handful of great items being up for sale there will be tons & tons of gear with the majority of it not being the best but being very solid cheap alternatives to the best gear - certainly plenty good enough to use while you level up and to get you started on your raiding journey if that's your goal.

Nobody needs the "best" gear & with the expansion cadence focusing on getting the best gear could actually end up back-firing on you if you blow a lot of resources on getting it (be that plat, krono or time) when it will be obsoleted rather quickly, especially if you are a raider.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What happens to mischief when it catches up to live?
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing it is way to early to say what will happen as it will likely depend on the server population at that time.
    Kayfis likes this.
  19. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

But will the increased spawn rates make up for the diluted loot tables? We won't know that until we know more about the tables and spawn rates.
  20. Riou EQResource

Unless server pop is still "high" it likely gets merged into FV
    Skuz and Niskin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.