Necro state

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Darkoon, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I haven’t been using torment (spell haste or did they change this?) for group mobs, and curse of muram(coa robe)? Thought they killed that.
  2. Szilent Augur

Getting the dots on faster, to get the ticks ticking sooner, is big game.

Curse of Muram is 1 out of every 5 minutes full crits on every dot. Again, big game (outside the duration of Auspice).
  3. Lyyr Lorekeeper

Such a change would completely hose Necros in the group game and put them even further behind tanks in DPS. As it is, nothing in the group game lives long enough for Necros to shine we don't need a 20-25% damage nerf.
  4. Ythera Augur

What era are you referring to, because dot damage in the group game has been competitive for me since the dot/enhanced decay revamp. Prior to that, the damage was too slow, but afterwards it was great. When in a group with a lot of high dps players, mine shrinks a bit, but that's normal, since necro dps is proportionally larger the longer the mob is up, but it's still substantial.
  5. Lyyr Lorekeeper

Referring to current era, CoV. For group geared Necros with no raid gear it takes 30-40 seconds to out DPS the tank and by that time there is a good chance the mob is dead if it's a t2 mob, if it's a t1 mob its long dead and looted. To be clear I am completely OK with the way things are right now, I would not be ok with a 20-25% reduction from where group necros are right now.
  6. Ythera Augur

When you say 'the tank', are you referring to your pet, or a mercenary, or another player? I'm really curious about this, now. Do you have a parse that you can post?
  7. Lyyr Lorekeeper

In my case I am referring to an SK with full t3 group gear and most of his type 5 augs over 70 hdex, nothing under 50 hdex. SK is being healed by an actual cleric, not a merc. No mercs in the group at all. Necros and Druid use tribute spell haste, Druid, SK, and Necros all use efficiency affinity potions for the extra dot tick. They all have type 3 augs as well, not that they make much of a difference.

For parsing I am using EQLog parser and it does not appear to have a EQ forum friendly way of posting parses yet. If you know of a way to do that I would be happy to post some showing the SK beating the necros and some with the necros just edging out the sk, unless it's a full burn then the necros easily win. Unfortunately there aren't very many good burn encounters in the group game, and what little there is doesn't live long enough to justify using the wounds line over just about anything else. So I never see Necro dps soar to these heights that they apparently reach in the raid game.
  8. Lyyr Lorekeeper

Typical fight when a necro comes out top damage, usually due to alliance or innate twincast going off

an ex-excavator in 43s, 64.09M Damage @1.49M, 1. Necro 1 +Pets = 14.73M@409.17K in 36s
    an ex-excavator in 43s, 64.09M Damage @1.49M, 2. Shadow Knight = 13.24M@322.81K in 41s
    an ex-excavator in 43s, 64.09M Damage @1.49M, 3. Necro 2 +Pets = 12.80M@328.22K in 39s

What it doesn't show is that the Necro did not pull ahead of the SK until the literal last tick of the fight. It's pretty rare for both Necros to top the SK unless I am fighting a Necropolis Dracoliche or named.

Then there are of course plenty of fights like this:

a phase spider in 40s, 58.91M Damage @1.47M, 1. Shadow Knight = 14.75M@368.72K in 40s
    a phase spider in 40s, 58.91M Damage @1.47M, 2. Necro 1 = 11.75M@355.92K in 33s
    a phase spider in 40s, 58.91M Damage @1.47M, 3. Necro 2 = 11.03M@324.54K in 34s
    a phase spider in 40s, 58.91M Damage @1.47M, 4. Druid = 10.92M@321.25K in 34s

Using spires and other dps cool downs tends to be a rising tides lifts all boats kind of scenario as the group lines up cool downs to work together and with things dying faster that means less dots, which translates into the SK usually maintaining a lead on dps barring twincasts.

I really don't think Necro perfomance in the group game is so incredibly out of line with other classes that a 20-25% nerf to DoT's is warranted.
  9. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You can redo your calculations...

...May Test Patch has necrotizing, splart, and scourge of the fates dot line consolidations.
    Mongol311 likes this.
  10. Szilent Augur

those won't impact group dps at all
    Sancus likes this.
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I didn't mention anything about group dps specifically (hence the no quoting of the last few posts). Maybe they made the new changes worthy of possible group usage ... that's why the calculations need to be redone.

You really like to minutia correct folks on the forums, even when you are completely wrong don't you?
    Mongol311 likes this.
  12. Lyyr Lorekeeper

13. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

So is the DOT revamp finally complete, so resources can be focused elsewhere?
  14. strongbus Augur

so a 1K+ damage reduction on each dot.
  15. Ythera Augur

This won't finish the dot revamp, as there's still the corruption line, ignite mana line and the wounds proliferations to consolidate. Lyyr, with 2 necros in your group, have you been using your alliances? Seems like you can easily get some burst damage in casting those, since the fight is easily long enough to fulminate them for both necros.

Never mind, you already stated you used alliance in the first sentence, although it states that it only happens when the alliance goes off. It should be going off for both necros every fight, since you only need 4 dots to tick to fulminate it.
  16. Lyyr Lorekeeper

Yes, if all I want to do is fulminate alliance and only have one mob to worry about sure I can do that, and I do that on named, in fact we even use alliance at least 4 times on named with forceful rejuv. For trash it's a bit wasteful to use both on one, unless of course whatever the target is needs to absolutely die right now. The refresh on alliance is also too long to use both on a single mob, unless circumstances warrant, prefer to have at least one alliance available at all times.
  17. Szilent Augur

It's unlikely the Proliferations were "overlooked". They're probably not going to change.
    kizant likes this.
  18. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

So I came back and with in a month we got nerfed again? Lol. Awesome!
  19. kizant Augur

Every single person knew that the DoT revamp was not complete. They even posted that they hadn't started tuning yet months ago. And every necro knew they were doing insane DPS this entire time whether in a raid, group or solo. It's not something to complain about considering they're still extremely strong.
  20. strongbus Augur

grouping i haven no issues its raids. 3-4 necros ever raid and we all get messages saying our dots don't land cause there no room on the mob.