Mangler xp, why?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chainsaw_Massacre, Apr 26, 2021.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I'll make a non-assumption, although opinion based.

The fact that they are thinking even a half-step out of the box is great. They have frankly been entrenched for so long it was seeming hopeless.

The fact that they stepped outside their comfort zone, of being against Free Trade rules for so long, customer service issues be damned. Is also great to see.
    Bardy McFly and ntellect like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

2 or 3
  3. Rainbowbright Journeyman

This servers item market will be oversaturated with items because every single instance of "increased rare spawns" comes with a larger chance of rare drops and higher chance of zonewide drops. Krono's will have so little plat value and it will be very easy to make that plat in a few hours as everyone will be decked out in gear and hand downs from guildies. My one gripe is I know how they operate, they will do it the lazy way, they simply cut and paste every table together for each level so the chance each kill for an FBSS just got worse. Then theres the issue of mobs that don't flag as "rare spawns" that won't be effected at all. Examples would be the ogre loot table in WK, the sarnak items table, the zonewide rares, the planes armor, the velious armor bits.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Faydra Augur

But in the process, you got a ton of other loot you can sell and trade for a FBSS. Farming a specific item may be harder, but it's going to be a traders paradise.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Brunlin Augur

I see your point. I do like the xp at the normal rate, but i can see the point where this server was somewhere between mangler and Selos speed. Your point is valid.
  6. Brunlin Augur

Most casuals can get there easily in 2 weeks. And we no lifers usually just do it at the beginning of the server launch. Im taking a week off my self for the server launch. As I usually work everyday and I do not take off much so i have plenty of vacay banked up.
  7. Angelus New Member

I wouldn't mind a higher xp rate. Thank goodness it isn't slower though. Maybe it should be variable daily since it's named Mischief? lol
  8. Wtfagain Elder

Do you also believe the earth is flat?
  9. Wtfagain Elder

I bet there will be an all-hands meeting in the morning regarding your fence riding.
    andross77 and TLP Addict like this.
  10. Lejaun Augur

Not to get into an internet bragging contest, but there is a good chance my education level is higher than most here. Please don't try to sling useless insults just because you don't agree with me.

Also, way to respond to a post I made two weeks ago.
  11. Machen New Member

Err, not really... 6 months faster over the course of six years of expansions? That's hardly a blip.

It will only feel rushed for people who quit before Luclin.
  12. Machen New Member

Post your credentials or G T F O.
    andross77 likes this.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Stanford drop out here.... :D
    andross77 likes this.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

What's the time to 50 on a new server, 50 - 60 hours of a static group?
  15. Lejaun Augur

Odd, I didn't know I was having a conversation with you or that I needed to quantify my response to you. I'll put it like this, my highest level of education is greater than 87% of America, and I have more than one degree. Thx, bye. Guess I'll stay.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

How many level 60's do you have on p99 though?
  17. Lejaun Augur

Zero, unfortunately. Just a few level 20-40 characters.
  18. Xhieron Elder

Sorry your first career path was such a poor choice that you needed a second terminal degree, Lejaun. Bet it cost a ton. Try not to let it rule your life.

On XP, personally I'd also like something a little faster than Mangler, but honestly it's not a deal-breaker. Selo genuinely felt fast--awesome, but so fast that I could see the argument that it detracted from the leveling experience, even if I might not agree. In any event I'm kind of past the point of accepting that selling XP pots is part of the marketing strategy, so anything faster than launch in '99 is probably not worth complaining about. There are certainly worse things they could be monetizing.

That said, I think they'd sell more pots if they gave us the ability to suspend them between groups while shopping and what-not so we could avoid having the clock run down when we're not actually grinding. The decision paralysis over whether a group will last four hours is usually a pain point that keeps me from pulling the trigger even in instances when in hindsight I should.

[Also, if DPG is listening, I would totally take a TLP with even slower leveling speed if it meant we could be Krono-free. Sell me pots instead of krono any day.]
    Catalina and TheInquisitor like this.
  19. Lejaun Augur

Sorry your trolling is so poor and you know so little about the people you are trying to troll. The two degrees work together for my profession and I don't owe on either. Thanks for caring so much about my personal life. Sorry yours is apparently going so "well" that you have to try to bag on others.

Good thing you don't play baseball professionally. You'd be on pace for setting the record of times you've struck out.
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I logged on to Coirnav on day one to check it out. Exp was horrible, from level one. Having done day one on Agnarr, just before that, there was no chance Coirnav was going to feel appropriate. I don't know how Mangler's exp rate compares to Agnarr's, I just know it's faster than Coirnav. Hopefully that's good enough.