Guildes are going to be the worst in this TLP and here is why.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 8, 2021.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

True, was just pointing out that a good system eventually happens, sorta.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Raid currency still has its flaws such as guilds/raiding forces where not everyone gets in has people missing out. Not to mention if people do actually horde raid currency it means the guild/raid will be slower to gear up as loot would be going to fewer people. In the end hoarding of raid currency still impacts others if the person is buying the dropped item instead of purchasing it from a vendor.
  3. Laronk Augur

People on fv regularly sell their raid currency
  4. brickz Augur

People from other servers also load up alts with raid rots (along with any currency they happen to get) and transfer to FV to sell for krono. So that couldn't happen on mischief until it syncs with live
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Does this happen with current expansion currency or past expansion currency? I can easily see selling it for past expansions and once you get far enough into it to be fully geared up.
  6. KrakenReality Augur

Yes current expansion from Day 1 of raid launch. There’s some that’s sold on the market and others between guild mates. As you know some classes don’t have that great of a need for loot.
  7. Laronk Augur

Current expansion currency, even like the first raid of the new expansion as a raider you can say in discord buying xxx currency for yyy plat per. People don't hide it really, you even see tanks doing it.

The price is really high early on when melee want weapons so if you're in a situation like TOV where the raids were easy you can sell currency for a couple weeks then buy the currency back as the price drops. Mostly I find that people do it to pay for their accounts with krono. TOV raids were so easy that they were actually doable with most of the raid force in group gear.
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I would recommend getting guild mates that are not broke in real life. :rolleyes:
    Kylo Classic likes this.
  9. TLP Addict Augur

DKP is like working for Amazon and being paid in Bezos bucks that can only be spent at Amazon.

GDKP is like a normal job where you get paid in a currency you can spend wherever you want. If you don't like the guild you join, you can leave any time and not worry about all the DKP you are leaving behind, all you need to do is make sure you get paid for your last raid.
  10. Baratu New Member

Dumb question: does the "G" just stand for gold?
  11. brickz Augur

yeah, it started as a warcraft term
  12. Karreck Somebody

I have been in four different WoW Raid guilds and three different EQ raid guilds, all who used DKP.
    Never had one single problem with the DKP system, never had anyone in leadership skimming off the top.
    Y'all play with some untrustworthy folks. Maybe you need to vet your guilds better.
  13. Demetri Augur

Which is why it's a great system for cases like open raids when loyalty and efficiency doesn't matter.
  14. Magician9001 Augur

How would you know?
    MMOer likes this.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Yeah we stole the term from the first MMO.
  16. Trevalon Augur

I don't know why people stay in guilds where the leadership cheats the loot. I've been in leadership on quite a few TLP servers and never have I been in one where I saw this kind of thing happening and if I did see it happening I would have left to join other more trustworthy guilds.

There are good guild leaderships out there...
  17. MMOer Augur

Most players are unaware. That goes without saying. If everyone was in the know there would be a whole different conversation.
  18. MMOer Augur

Some are blissfully unaware. Some are willfully ignorant. Some do not care as long as they can raid and get theirs. Some want a piece of the pie.

Art emulates life I guess.

I aim to bring awareness. To shine the proverbial spot light. The only way to combat such a thing is if people are aware and watching.

I agree... there are some REALLY good bros out there leading guilds with true intent to put in effort and enjoy the game with the guild they create. This post will help every single one of them just a little bit.
  19. Magician9001 Augur

You're either lying on incredible naive. Sure it's obvious is 5 CoFs drop and the officers only bid out 4. But what about if 5 copies of Torpor and they're given out members. Can you verify they aren't giving them out to people that already have them?Are you personally keeping track of everyone in your guilds spellbook and are you verifying ever transaction. What about if someone is selling stuff for the guild bank and using that money to fund buying spell regents or dropable items to be bid out among the guild. Can you verify that sold spell for 8k? or did they sell it for 10k and pocket 2k?
  20. Kobra Augur

I would say who the hell cares. I can make 2k plat in way less time than it would take to go through all that trouble.