Why can't Rogues be viable on TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WokeCat, May 5, 2021.

1. Gnothappening Augur

What era and what buffs? I know rangers have great attack buffs but what buffs are you talking about that add more dps than bard overhaste and stuff? Not disagreeing, just curious as I have never played a ranger.
  2. Magician9001 Augur

Depends on the level, gear ect. But in some expansions it's upwards of 35% of their damage. Rogue's are S-tier in most expansions on mobs that don't have MoTM.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is just untrue, lots of people like the expansions past PoP better than the ones pre-PoP. The game gets so much better as you go deeper in. If you came from P99 and jumped onto Live then yeah, I could see why you'd hate it, but roll on a tlp and play it out, the big scary numbers and tons of hotkeys and abilities happen organically and you don't really notice since you get 1 or 2 at a time and can figure out how they work before getting another 1 or 2 in 2-3 months. a 10k or 100k nuke on a mob in that era is doing the same % damage as a 100 dmg nuke, its all relative.
    If you want to play in velious and kunark with new content, wait around, the expansions circle back to them.
  4. Haze Journeyman

Can safely say I never had a 1 damage backstab in Classic on Aradune. 32 damage backstab cap, yes. But not 1.

Never really struggled to hit the parses either, but I'm tryhard as hell. All I know is monks in my guild are sending tell to the officers complaining about rOGUe cOLluSion now that we're in PoP. Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear
  5. WokeCat Augur