Mischief and Thornblade - Simultaneous Launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, May 10, 2021.

1. Sycopata Elder

We deserve 2 servers minimum, we pay for a all acces, not maybe acces.
  2. Atrebe New Member

Is it that difficult for them to release 2 servers and then just merge them into one a while later? It seems like an easy solution, but I can't see the back end of things.
    Adventuring likes this.
  3. Slipp New Member

Completely agree with this. Aradune was an absolute nightmare at launch. We need two servers this time. This server is so much more hyped than any other TLP.
    Master Kahleem likes this.
  4. Relentless Insomnia

Merging is not simple, and requires resources that aren't always available. But I'm confident two servers with a planned release at once will have a healthier population than Coirnav did and that server is still going.
  5. Atrebe New Member

Especially with the new ruleset. I think this is going to be the most popular TLP in a LONG while.
    Bardy McFly and Master Kahleem like this.
  6. Xazier Elder

I don't care if they Merge, but 2 servers at the start seems like the only way to fix the login issues. I swear if I have to experience the same crap I experienced on Aradune where I took 3 days off of work to play and could not log in for 2 days, I will probably just go back to Live and save myself a lot of money. Not even taking time off of work this go around cause it was a complete waste of time last time
    Atrebe likes this.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The ruleset change is the reason they will end up needing the second server and should just launch it simultaneously. There are people out there who are already subbed, already playing on Live servers, that will come check this out. You aren't just going to get your usual TLP restarters. You are going to get them, plus their friends who weren't interested until the ruleset change made it interesting, and those who considered FV but would rather try that with a fresh start.

If they are looking at new sub counts and bag purchases then they should know what's coming. Hopefully they act accordingly ahead of time.
  8. Master Kahleem Augur

"Mayhem" makes more sense to be the non-TB.
  9. Atrebe New Member

This exactly.
  10. omgomgomgomgomg New Member

The fact players have to make a thread like this, pleading, is silly.

DPG must have already thought about this.... the community will know exactly where we stand w/ DPG if this doesn't happen.
    Xanathol and Serial experiments like this.
  11. Baldur Augur

That they would open an overflow server was good when I heard about it, considering how horrible the Aradune launch was. That they aren't going to have it open the same time as Mischief is mind boggling.

It's harder to get people to play on the non main server as it is, but opening days later and it will be impossible to get people to play on it. They had that issue with Ragefire/Lockjaw. They had to offer free server transfers and changed the ruleset on Lockjaw to have it even out some. You think they would've learned their lesson from that.
    Xanathol and Master Kahleem like this.
  12. Rossell New Member

All Access member here with 9 accounts. I know I'm not important but I would like to sign any petition that would reduce the drastic fuckery that was experienced during the Aradune launch.
    Master Kahleem and Atrebe like this.
  13. Elite_raider Augur

I am close to 100% sure they will not launch the second server before the initial release. Why you ask? Because they want to test how their new changes work under the load :)
  14. Master Kahleem Augur

It's not silly. They've already communicated enough as is that they don't "feel" it's necessary. We're saying that the community KNOWS that it is necessary, and we're saying that their penny-pinching is frustrating us.

:)
    Bobbybick and Tharvog like this.
  15. Habua New Member

I approve of this message.
  16. Defener New Member

Agreed. Please strongly consider opening up two servers simultaneously. The poor launch of Aradune serves as guide to what we can otherwise expect, though I expect Mischief to be vastly more popular with this great ruleset.

Instead of driving frustrated players away, let's open a second server with an identical ruleset. This would benefit Darkpaw in a number of tangible ways: player retention, increased revenue from potions, bags, etc, and increased customer perception/satisfaction. If Darkpaw really wants to take in some profits, enabling transfers (especially if there won't be a server merger later) between servers would absolutely be a home run.

Two servers seems like a no brainer.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

most all good points... but we know how this plays out.

Spinning up a new server means supporting that server for a long time. That's a big cost, so on one hand I can understand being ... conservative with launches.

on the other hand, I think its costing them players every time they do this, and take the approach of "it'll be fine once enough people quit trying to play here!". ya.. sure, when enough paying customers have given up trying, then the queues go away.

I think their reasoning is that people in it for the long term will put up with the queue and stick it out while folks less interested, who would likely quit playing before too long, will be the ones to give up and move on. As this is a ruleset that people have wanted for a long while as a TLP, I think they're making a mistake not opening 2 at once and announcing that right now so guilds can plan. Its going to be popular, they should plan for that.

Or wait until there have been massive queues and lag for a few weeks then open one and have it be a mess of people trying to coordinate entire guild moves. Either way I better stock up on popcorn ;P
  18. Atrebe New Member

Agreed. I think based on the ruleset and the popularity of said ruleset, this TLP will have much more staying power than previous ones. Planning for this ahead of time seems like a win / win.
    Serial experiments likes this.
  19. Gnothappening Augur

We definitely need two servers at launch. If you want to combine them later, that is fine, but we definitely need two.
  20. TLP Addict Augur

+1 for simultaneous launch, the hype for this server is huge, easily comparable for Aradune, probably even more so.

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it, but having said that I think it will be needed.

Give the people time to make decisions about which server to start on, also ignore the people asking for different rulesets, we want to be able to merge or transfer freely as soon as the launch rush settles. Not be stuck on the "other" server.