Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hellowhatsyourname, May 10, 2021.

1. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Can you please remove or dramatically reduce the arbitrary recast timers on the enchant metal AA's? A 60 second recast timer serves no purpose other than to increase the time it takes to do the already laborious tradeskill process.

Thanks much!
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

These timers were already reduced by a huge amount, they used to be HOURS.

As they are is completely fine, if you need to make more, faster then create & level another Enchanter or 2.
  3. Celestian Elder

You start off so well and then dive into useless with this post.

I find the request quite reasonable. If the original intent was to limit the processing but it no longer necessary and they reduced it, it follows that it could be reduced again, particularly if the artificial reason to slow it down is not relevant any longer.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I managed just fine with 1 enchanter with the current timings & that was making enchanted metals for a bunch of guild mates, you don't need an industrial-level of processing for these.
  5. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

You're a "I had to eat dirt to survive so you all do, too" kinda guy, aren't you?

Look, the actual mass enchant spells enchant 20 of each item and can be recast over and over. As it stands, you can enchant about 60-80 gold for every 10 of the more modern metals. I'm not sure what gameplay purpose the arbitrary 60 second timer on the AA enchants actually serves. Who cares if you can enchant 60 items in 60 seconds or 6-7 minutes?

Arbitrary time sinks for the purposes of having arbitrary time sinks DETRACTS from the fun of the game. Please remove these.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not at all, very often I am in favour of common-sense changes, these longer-timer metals are supposed to be *a bit special* which is why they had hours long timers when first implemented, the common sense changes were already made..

What I meant is that I suffered no difficulties or hardships as a result of the current *new* timers on these spells despite enchanting metals for a good portion of my guild's needs, they were perfectly reasonable for the purpose.

Now I wasn't enchanting a crapload of metal to sell on the bazaar so maybe that's your angle?
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is no real reason for these to have such a long cast time. Would be nice if all enchanting both gems, metal and clay took the same amount of time and also came in single, 5, 10 and 20 versions.

Would be nice to get some consistancy.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I agree on adding a Greater Mass Enchant Clay - that one is long overdue

I would actually favour greater amounts per summon over a time decrease myself.

I would love if the spell-dev added in Superb Mass Enchantments for all the materials that create double or more of the materials that the Greater Mass spells create.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

While we are dreaming I'd like an enchat/imbue all button, that works the same way as combine all for TS containers.

1000 imbues and enchants at a time when doing skill ups can be a bit of a pain.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  10. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I think it sounds like we all agree that something needs to be looked at with this, with possible solutions be "enchant more materials per click" or "reduce the click timers."