Why play a Monk on Mischief when Rogues n Rangers get it all??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WokeCat, May 9, 2021.

1. WokeCat Augur

Backstab hits harder than Flying Kick, and Rogues get stealth.

Rangers can SoW, snare, tank and bow kite and have tracking...

Monks don’t even get weapons during classic. Rogues get insanely good weapons like Serrated Bone Dirk and Burning Rapier and Rangers get a Trueshot bow, and a Short Sword of Morin.

Monks have no class armor in classic. Rogues get Ravenscale, and Rangers get Ivy Thorn.

Like seriously, monks get nothing... something has to give here..

Extremely disappointed, but was hoping monks would receive a buff before Mischief but so far I’ve seen nothing...

And don’t even get me started on Bards, Paladins, and Shadow Knights...
    DosPanchos likes this.
  2. Arclyte Augur

3. Xhieron Elder

You raise a lot of good points. Monks are clearly outliers compared to the other melees. Maybe it's time for DPG to take a long look at them and do some balancing. A little nip here, a little tuck there, and make sure they're back in line with classic rogues and rangers.

[/s, of course]
  4. Arctodus Elder

I get it, I was a rogue from Luclin to OoW. I would never recommend that class to anyone to play. If your friends, guild, etc. leave you will be sitting LFG forever. DBG really needs to revamp the class.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Monks even lose AC from picking up loot to sell. On a server starting in classic there aren't many WR bags to acquire and almost all of the good ones come from raid targets. Enjoy taking more damage just because you are trying to carry some fine steel weapons back to freeport to make ends meet.
  6. Master Kahleem Augur

[This comment has been edited to remove the chance of the author getting temp-banned for obscene language.]
  7. noseminer New Member

wow monks get 23/26 in kunark to sell more 40 slot bags
  8. Recondojoe Lorekeeper

It’s not fair that monks can’t even loot items, meanwhile rogues can pick pocket and rangers can forage free stuff

Like who designed this broken game

For real
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I'd also point out that during classic, a monk's feign death is easily broken by spells, but I have never once seen that happen to a ranger in the same era. Monks are really in a bad place.
  10. Recondojoe Lorekeeper

Not to mention mend only heals monk (if he’s lucky and it doesn’t kill him).... ranger can heal the entire group...