Guildes are going to be the worst in this TLP and here is why.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 8, 2021.

1. Magician9001 Augur

There is nothing to figure out for the average player. This isn't some "elite accountant" knowledge, it's stuff a 8th grader with a IQ of 80 could understand. You just personally don't understand anything about monetary policy and currency systems and frankly it's pretty embarrassing consider you're likely over 30.

The problem is you don't understand them. If you did you would understand that your DKP is just an imaginary number that you can't spend outside of guild functions and having a Guild Ledger that says IOU 35000 imagine video game coins is virtually the same as having a website that says Tweakfour has X amount of DKP.

Also in Crypto they have a problem of who covers the cost to maintain the ledger, this is solved by "mining" and giving the people that maintain the ledger some crypto. The GDKP guild with a ledger would have the problem what happens if someone who owes the guild money leaves the ledger w/o paying what he owes(because he was overpaid) who covers that cost? The simple solution is to give the person running the system a small multiplier similar to "mining "and have them cover the cost.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Uh huh. Guess you're what the OP was concerned about, someone setting up a "legit" way to skim off the top to cover any mistakes. Not mistakes by the banker, no mistakes by you below average, dumber than an 8th grader, raiders who can't understand how the ledger works. Don't worry, don't look into it, it just works because Magician says so.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. jeskola pheerie

Coming soon:

Quickbooks for Raid Guilds
    Iyacc and Demetri like this.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

Check out the big brain on Brad
    Baratu, Demetri and Kylo Classic like this.
  5. KrakenReality Augur

If you pay the accountant, then you need to pay the Guild Leader, Officer roles (recruiting, class leaders, raid leader(s), etc), whoever is responsible for the website and Discord.

As long as the guild operates with the split in agreement, but don’t be surprised if some people want extra for the out of game labor.
    Demetri likes this.
  6. brickz Augur

takes a certain kind of person to call other people 80iq morons and then tell them to stay away because they're toxic
    Skuz, Demetri, Karreck and 1 other person like this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Wrong about what?! The question was in a difference between regular dkp and Gdkp and all I said was to have good accounting (like that spread sheet linked earlier) and let people review it before you send out the splits so no one gets over/under paid and you have an accounting mess on your hands, which is not an issue with regular dkp. Thats it.
    Right? This guy comes out swinging with every post but I'm the toxic one. :rolleyes:
    Skuz, Demetri and Karreck like this.
  8. Magician9001 Augur

You think people don't "Skim" from every DKP guild ever? are you new? You know who else gets paid extra in a GDKP guild? the person with 90% RA that losses 3000 DKP every expansion because of decay or whatever system that your guild uses to prevent "DKP hoarding"

Yes give the people that work harder Raid leaders, people who show up 90% of the time ect more.

Look i get it you're one of them dudes that has 30% RA complains all the time and expects to be handed the same amount of loot as the high RA raids and Officers. GDKP isn't good for a player like you i get it. But Karen you're just gonna have to accept the people doing all the work carrying you are gonna get more.
  9. Karreck Somebody

Jesus Christ......
    I have seen some insane ramblings on these forums in the past, but this is some next level crazed.
    Go have a juice box and take a nap. You'll feel better when you wake up.
    Genoane and Skuz like this.
  10. Magician9001 Augur

Takes a special kinda person to imply i did. So let me spell it out for you.

He doesn't know because he's lazy and hasn't tried to learn about something really important. Not because he's too dumb.
  11. KrakenReality Augur

Never been in a DKP guild, I prefer Loot Council and it works great on FV. DKP is pretty stupid because it encourages hoarding versus a loot council that can better funnel rewards to meet the guild objectives. It requires the right people, but it’s a better system that keeps everyone trending upwards.

Edit: I want to see one of these guilds set % share for each raid member, where MT gets a higher percentage than Off-Tanks, or Monk3 paid more than Rogue1. Maybe, one of these super nerds can develop a system like they do in professional sports.
  12. Rage Lorekeeper

Best way to run a guild like that on this server is just to roll everything. Its effectively like gdkp because you can send bids to try and buy the item off whoever won the roll but it removes all the admin at a cost of more rng. I guess you would need some system to deal with epic pieces, could just take raid dumps and keep track of RA for classic and early kunark.
  13. Elite_raider Augur

This is so bad, this is were the sociopaths try to legitimize their own bad behavior in ripping their guild off.

Random GDKP officer: Give me all your money
    Guild Member: Why?
    Random GDKP officer: Because I deserve it and if you don't comply you can just leave the guild.....

By all means, good luck with the GDKP system, with all this attention, I am sure you will be extra vigilant to behave "fairly", that is until the light stops shining on you.
  14. Magician9001 Augur

Random GDKP officer: Give me 1 plat per 100k made on this raid?
    Random guildie 1 : But that's not fair why?
    Random GDKP officer: Cause i do extra work and it helps me cover losses in the case of errors
    Random guildie 1: /gquits
    Random guildie 2: thank god the crybaby left

Random DKP officer: I'm gonna take all the cash drops from this raid and put them in a guild bank, then behind the scenes with no accountability and no record of transactions i'm gonna skim 20% and not tell you.
    Random guy on the boards: Well that seems fair
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

How is 1 plat per 100k even going to cover any mistakes? How much plat do you think is going to be floating around in the first few months of this server?
  16. KrakenReality Augur

Why aren’t you paying the Raid leader extra or the Recruiting Officers or any other valued role? Just charge an admin fee and distribute it.
  17. Magician9001 Augur

Because the only mistake it's covering is someone leaving the guild when they have a negative balance. That's basically never gonna happen and when it does it will be a very small amount because if you overpay someone your fixing it on the next raid and they're only being overpaid 1/50th of a tick. It doesn't matter how much money is floating around because it a percentile and a .001% would more then cover it if only 10k plat is spent on a raid 1 gold would cover it because the errors will be in smaler amounts. Moreover the person that's person book keeping now has an incentive to not make a mistake in the first place.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

DKP by itself doesn't encourage hording, how the system is set up does that. A system can be designed that doesn't encourage hoarding if you want to put your mind to it.

Sure a loot council sounds great but if some of the members of the council are not playing fair it is possible for the system to be abused and certain members get more loot while others get less. There really isn't a loot system without flaws and the best you can do is find one that minimizes those flaws and one that most people can agree to use.

Also you edit shows the problem with any system as you suggest certain members getting more than others and that can create a cycle where it is hard to catch up. If you have one MT for most of the time it will put the others at a disadvantage just because they are not picked to be the MT even if they could because it is easier to keep people in the same roles.
    Skuz and Demetri like this.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Raid currency given in game to every raider that they can then use to buy the items from the event solves most problems. You want to hoard? by all means, you're not impacting everyone. Its a shame the game took so long to get to that point though.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This isn't about raid currency but about the fake currency that guilds use to decide who can buy what drops from an event. Considering how late in the game raid currency shows up it won't even be an issue for a while on the new server.
    Demetri likes this.