Improving the raidtool

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jumbur, Apr 28, 2021.

1. klanderso Developer

Thanks for the suggestions folks! I've written up a couple tickets to investigate a few things that have been mentioned here :)
    CrazyLarth, Kels, Zunnoab and 8 others like this.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

Don't play with my emotions...
  3. klanderso Developer

I'm not saying everything here will happen (I can't see the future!), I'm saying that you've all been heard and there on someone's radar to think about ;)
    Stymie, Froglok and Yinla like this.
  4. Nilwean Elder

This. Plus locking keeps people from fat fingering the disband group button.
    adetia and klanderso like this.
  5. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

my hero. :) if you need anybody to bounce ideas off in the future i'm always happy to listen/help!
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Why not both?
    Group 2 Slot 3 was a Warrior named Bob
    First it fills all the names so if Bob is on he ends up in G2S3. Then in a second pass if bob isn't on it looks for a warrior in the excess list and just fills the slot with a warrior.
    Jumbur likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Some kind of save sets for raid groups would be really nice for raid leaders. By and large, we all end up in the same groups, no matter the scenario for individual events. Some way to name them, like a bandolier would be a pretty amazing add to the game. This is more helpful to Live but I imagine consistent membership guilds on TLP would make some nice use as well.
  8. Atomos Augur

I've been meaning to make a QQ post about the raid tool, but saw this thread so necroing it.

Having played a great many number of MMOs, I can say that I've never used a raid management tool as cumbersome as EQ's. I still cannot fathom the purpose of the lock/unlock raid "feature" and have never seen it utilized in any other game. Not having drag and drop in 2022... or 2012... feels bad, and it would be nice to be able to move whole groups too. Linkdead members being removed from the raid instead of having their name turned gray just like in a party is annoying. Personally I'd also like to see 2 columns of 6 groups instead of 1 column of 12 (or more columns even, 3 columns of 4 or 4 columns of 3 could be better, but its going go be taking up a lot of screen space which I'm sure some people won't like. having the option would be nice though). Also those little role icons used in the party window for things like Main Assist and Master Looter could be put by the names of the player(s) that holds those roles in the raid UI too.

There are also the bugs.

The roadmap mentioned a new UI engine after 2022. Can you say what kind of changes, if any, are planned for the raid tool with the new engine?
    Conq, Zunnoab and Fenthen like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The lock/unlock feature is likely to prevent race conditions when a group leader invites someone to fill the last spot in a group and the raid leader moves someone to fill the last spot at the same time. That feature is only needed when the raid leader wants to move players around in groups.
  10. Zunnoab Augur

I don't claim to be an expert on these things but wouldn't an action queue accomplish the same thing? Granted that might mean touching decades old code that handles both group and raid invites.
  11. Magickon Augur

If I understand you correctly, I don't think that sort of thing would be a good fix. It would be too problematic considering server lag, or instances where invites can't be sent due to a person zoning, being dead, etc.
  12. Shillingworth Augur

Does sound nice. Maybe a list of group layouts, a quota and priority for each. So that when a new player is inviting it tries to make the highest priority group if the quota for how many of that group have not been met yet. UI wise give us a per-group or per-member checkbox to enable/disable it for that player or group.
  13. Cicelee Augur

Not sure if mentioned (currently too lazy to read two pages, it is Sunday afternoon) or if it is a viable raid tool function...

But man would an in game parser that you can pull up the raid window and see what everyone is doing DPS and healing wise would be sweet.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

A server-side parser would be nice.
    Fenthen likes this.