Will loot be Need Before Greed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WokeCat, May 9, 2021.

1. Laronk Augur

If the named fire giants have the full raid loot tables and they're on a 12 hour spawn? It will be a CS nightmare. Like I said in my post that hopefully it's a mistaken idea, if they didnt differentiate between the raid bosses and the raid minis it'd be kinda dumb.

I won't be disappointed either way because I prefer AOC's personally and don't feel any need to "compete" in open world raid content. I think the economy on the server will be bouncing and people will try out more camps.

Generally while raiding in classic/kunark I've never worried about loot
  2. Yogi the Bear I have flea's

Might see a lot more Howling Stone loot this TLP.
  3. wade_watts Augur

Most groups in the last couple of TLP's default to everyone need everything. If the person can't use the item personally, they can sell / trade for an item they need.

This should be even moreso this TLP when loot will be more randomized. Get used to it. It's a more equitable system.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  4. Appren Gnomercy

Unless its a guild thing, expect everyone to NEED everything. I for sure will.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  5. Ketzerei84 Elder

Need on TLP servers is defined as 'worth money' so...
  6. TLP Addict Augur

NBG belongs in groups of friends and/or guildmembers only imo.

People have been burned too many times by casters showing up to the hole in cloth, claiming "need" on all the loam that drops then running to the tunnel as soon as the group breaks to sell it. Plenty of other examples also, melee claiming SSoY's FBSS's etc then selling it.

Sorry if you're that guy that played "back in the day" when people had a certain amount of integrity and reputation supposedly mattered, but those days are long gone.

It's a doggy dog world now.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Wtfagain Elder

Rare mobs con as rare.
    Raid mobs con as would take an army to defeat.
    knock it off with the FG FUD.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

9. Nebby Lorekeeper

All tlps just need everything. No since on changing it now
  10. Kylo Classic Augur

We don't know anything about the loot situation other than it's random. We don't know what will drop the Cloak of Krono.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

We know that it will drop off raid mobs as it is a raid drop and that it already can drop off several different raid encounters.
  12. Kylo Classic Augur

No, you don't know that, they haven't announced anything.It could be as simple as vox and naggy have a shared loot tabled. we don't know.
  13. Ultrazen Augur

This server will be greed before all, full stop. In one sense, this is going to alleviate a problem of too few resources being monopolized, but it is absolutely going to spread gold fever to every single person on the server. The end result of this is going to be more squabbling.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

We already know that it drops off other mobs and and vox is not one of the ones listed. But we do know that it will be dropping of raid mobs and not the named that spawn in the same areas which was my point.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Listed? Did we get some loot tables leaked somewhere?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No, but we have the list of what drops the item on current servers and the list for cloak of flames doesn't include vox and has more names than just naggy.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  17. Leifloaf New Member

It will be greed. And you will spend half your play time in the tunnel along with many times more people than a standard tlp server.
  18. Lejaun Augur

Especially on a server like this: Need on everything. Greed just means you will lose to the Needs. Save the Need/Greed for static groups where you know each other well and will benefit from the gear being on specific characters.
  19. psybob Journeyman

If everyone dont roll need theres always that 1 person waiting for everyone to roll so they roll need snag the item and bolt.