Will loot be Need Before Greed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WokeCat, May 9, 2021.

1. WokeCat Augur

With Cloak of Flames dropping off of Fire Giants, random Planar mobs, Vox and Phinigel I am wondering if I need to play a melee to get a free cloak, or if other classes will have an equal shot at these items?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is going to depend on each group and how well/often they group with each other. Some groups are going to say everyone rolls on it and others are going to want people who would benefit from it.
  3. WokeCat Augur

Wouldn’t everyone benefit from that $$$$ though
    andross77 likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is why I said it would depend on the group. If you play with a group regularly giving the loot to the person who needs it at the time will help the most and in the end loot will even out for everyone. In cases when no one needs it than it can be given to anyone and sold/traded for something they need. In a pickup group it is likely going to be a free for all as it is unlikely that they can stay together long enough to balance things out.

There are going to be need before greed groups and greed before need groups out there and that is something you need to determine when you join a group how they are doing it.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Assume everything is fair game unless you discussed this previously.
    andross77 likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would always ask when you join a group. Even on live there are cases where 5 of the members are all camping something for someone in the group and if it drops it will go to that person and not be a free for all even if everyone can use it.

You don't want to spend time a group thinking that everyone can roll for something only to find out differently when it drops.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

There is no way I would join a group that did anything other than open rolls on loot. Everything can be traded so need before greed falls apart as people can sell everything. Besides, this isn't 1999 when reputations mattered on EQ.
  8. Ranger1985 New Member

On previous servers most groups did not do need before greed on previous tlp and it will likely be the same here.

NBg is unfair in many ways since it benefits the under geared and screws classes with no good drops in the zone.

Cloak of flames is a raid item and will not drop off fire giants.
  9. Moforyguy Elder

If you are in a group with your guild it will probably be NBG cuz what helps the guild helps you raid harder mobs. But any pug group is 99% of the time greed before need. At least that's what I experienced the most.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Magic 8 ball says....No.
  11. theonepercent Augur

What makes you think CoF will be dropping from fire giants and random planar mobs?
  12. Laronk Augur

unless you're grouping with friends you should roll on stuff you'd like to roll on.
  13. Laronk Augur

He probably thinks (mistakenly hopefully) that raid trash will drop raid boss loot.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is a good point but if someone joins your group as a 6th and you don't specify that the 5 of you are camping something for 1 player and he gets it if it drops then you're kind of a jerk since that is against the "societal norms" of pug groups where everyone can reasonably expect to roll on anything.
  15. Yogi the Bear I have flea's

Just tell the people before they join and this solves the issue 9 out of 10 times.
  16. Nolrog Augur

When you join a group, ask what the loot rules are. This way there is no confusion, no complaints, and you can decide if this is a group you wish to join or if you would prefer to look for one that has different looting rules. And if you are running a group, just tell people. Just so you know, this is how we are doing loot. As Yogi said, this solves problems nearly all of the time.
    Tweakfour17 and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I think if you're expecting them to be that precise with raid gear you're going to be disappointed.

The much more likely thing is that it is all based off raid /con and level. So if it is raid mobs between 53 and 56 sharing a loot table, then Warlord Skarlon will then be able to drop a CoF, for example.

It might just be 5 level ranges, like 46-50, 51-55, etc

Could you imagine killing Vox and getting mithril vambraces, and 3 polished mithril masks, and a horn or something like that? LOL.
  18. Yogi the Bear I have flea's

I hope so much loot drops it is almost impossible to determine the worth of a krono.
    Kylo Classic likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure but but that doesn't change the fact that asking when you join makes sure you are aware and it could be something as simple as they think you are already aware for some reason and don't mention it.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pretty sure that Warlord Skarlon is a standard named/rare mob and not raid mob so it will just drop standard named/rare loot and not raid loot.