back after 16+ years

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by gimpy, May 8, 2021.

1. gimpy New Member

I am looking to play on Mischief for the first time since WoW came out in 2004. I was wondering how active the community is, I wouldn't mind joining a guild that isn't insanely hardcore but might do some raiding is that a thing anymore? Is there an special sites for trading items or is most trading done in the East Commonlands tunnel? Any tips would be helpful looking to go roll necro.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

New TLPs are pretty active for the first few months. If you are active, make friends, get into a guild, then even as the server dies down then off over the years, you'll be set for having fun in your circle.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its not launched yet, May 26 - maybe. So a lot of what you are asking is unknown at this time

You could check the TLP forums and the Guild forums and the main announcement for more info.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ischief-is-coming.274654/page-10#post-4024590

You might find a guild you want to join now instead of when the server goes live.

Am confused what playing WOW has to do with EQ's new server? Does WOW have a Mischief server also? :)
  4. Tucoh Augur

TLPs are very active. Raiding is common and achievable. EC is usually the place to trade. Necros are great.

TLPs suffer from being a $$$ making enterprise where many people are willing to come in and spend a bit of money (<$100) to get their gear from other players. This means that the endgame for a given expansion is highly competitive where the closer you get to higher value items the more force you'll need to bring to bear to compete against other players.

In other words, once you get to the higher levels you camp respawn against a bunch of people over scraps.
    Tassiter likes this.
  5. gimpy New Member

That's just when I quit EQ. My guild at the time all left for WoW so I joined them and haven't come back since. No WoW doesn't have anything like this new Mischief server.
  6. KarmaKitty Augur

Rehab failed again ;)
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Zanarnar Augur

So for the Classic, Kunark, and Velious expansions, the EC tunnel will be the trade spot. There is generally a website that will track prices and you can see a live feed of the /auction and /ooc chat from EC. Once Luclin launches, the bazaar opens up and all selling happens there.

Raiding is pretty much why TLP's are successful, even better each guild can spawn an instanced raid for themselves now; so no fighting over an open-world raid unless you really want to.

Get in a guild and grouping is easy and common, trying to do pickup groups without a guild after the first expansion gets much harder.

And welcome back, have fun, and enjoy the ride.
  8. radclifc Journeyman

What brought you back mate? I am curious. :)
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Welcome back, bring your friends.