Bristlebane Be Praised - Mischief is coming!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lenowill Augur

This sounds like an excellent idea.

Please remember also to randomize the location of the Burned Woods.
    Troynado and Herf like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

2. There's a very simple answer to that...to increase the number of targets that drop loot, or do you think a Raid force is going to gear up in 2-3 months farming only the 1 easy boss in the expansion?

Progression will not feel meaningless for most players, the goal is still going to be beating everything in the expansion and defeating the final boss/event - the impetus and crying about loot will be complicated by there being far more mobs that can potentially drop the desired items for every class.
    code-zero and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Being diablo-style loot AND being tradable, I foresee an awful lot of kronos being bought from DBG. You can't camp a specific piece of gear. That also implies that rarity is also random (previously rare items could be in surplus due to RNG). This is going to be all about holding down as many named spawns as possible. Guilds are going to be making concerted efforts to monopolize all spawns, where before they only monopolized high-value spawns.

I think anybody not in a big guild and not willing to spend a lot of kronos is going to have a hard time doing anything in the open world or completing any gear sets in-era (unless they buy kronos).

Is quest loot also going to be random?

This is going to be fun to watch play out.
  4. Myzfyt New Member

very excited about this!
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Tinker Balambao New Member

I would be a returning player.. and this sounds amazing.

One Huge question I have.. mainly for planning purposes... will all races be available from the beginning or will they be time released?

Thinking if I want to plan out an RP for a Forglock Monk.. I wana know that I will be able to select that up front. Otherwise I have other plans for another race/class combo. Thank you in advance <3
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Races, Classes & certain combinations of such are restricted by expansion on TLP servers

Race: Iksar - Kunark
    Race: Vah Shir - Luclin
    Race: Frogloks - Legacy of Ykesha
    Race: Drakkin - The Serpent's Spine

Class: Beastlord - Luclin
    Class: Berserker - Gates of Discord

Race/Class Combo: Gnome Shadowknights, Gnome Paladins - Luclin
    Race/Class Combo: Halfling Rangers, Halfling Paladins - Luclin
    Race/Class Combo: Wood Elf Beastlords and Froglok Monks - Call of the Forsaken

Good list here of when TLP get various things:
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers
    Tinker Balambao likes this.
  7. Tinker Balambao New Member

Awesome, thank you <3 This helps me out a whole lot.

8. Seraphix Elder

There are going to be 59,000 picks of Unrest. :D
  9. Herf Augur

In that case hopefully the instance_counter isn't a short int :)
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Nah, there will be several for sure, but just when you find a camp that isn't taken, it will shut down on you because there aren't enough players. :D
    Herf and Scipio5 like this.
  11. Arctodus Elder

Just what I have been waiting for, now what class to pick! The only thing that would have made it better if all classes were at launch.
  12. Basak Augur

Nah, if only Halflings were the only ones available at launch. =P
  13. Troynado New Member

The epic meme acknowledgment of them doing this would make me never unsubscribe ever.
    Herf likes this.
  14. Blanky New Member

haha, hahahahah, HAHHAHAHA, the story survives
    Herf likes this.
  15. The_Phoenix Journeyman

Potentially a great concept!

So for example, in SoV - KT, AoW, Vindi, Vulak, Yelinak, Dain, Dagarn, Warders/Ancients, Cazic-thule (revamp), Klandicar, Sontalak, Zlandicar, Tunare, The Progenitor, The Final Arbiter - All lvl 70 - would likely all share a massive loot table?

Sounds like fun!

Also, is unlock the same as previous servers except 1month of classic and 2 of kunark?
    or do we take the outline literally? - 1month classic, 2 months kunark, 2 months Velious, 2 months Luclin, 3 months PoP, etc...

Unlock Cadence:
    • Expansions:
      • 1 month Classic
      • 2 month Kunark
    • 2/3 month regular release cadence
      • 2 months for no level increase
      • 3 months for level increase
    • Exception: LDoN will only be one month
  16. Walkin New Member

Im totally in on this server but i need to ask will you guys ever do a PVP server like Tallon Zek was back in the day? Where its darks vs lights vs elves vs shorts? A bunch of my buddies that played Tallon with me back in and around 1999 say they will only start playing again when there is a progression pvp server so im holding out hope. Thanks very much
  17. Walkin New Member

he already said it is truebox...read it
  18. Walkin New Member

hey is this Elthorien from Brekt?
  19. Nicolos Journeyman

I really want this server to add all races from the start. Every class too would be a cherry on top but I understand there might be some technical issues with that. However, having all races available would be a great addition. I need more shaman options for classic ;)
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Race/class restrictions on races you can play in the original game is so dumb. The argument that you can't do epic or some quest for the class because some part isn't available is pathetic.

Same reason releasing stuff like LDoN and LoY separate from PoP is dumb. Just completely ignores how the game actually functions in favor or doing even less work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.