Can we get access to old expansions collector editions via the Station store?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Issk, May 3, 2021.

1. Issk Journeyman

As the title says - would be nice to be able to buy older xpac collector editions. I imagine there would be a decent amount of interest in buying these...

Thanks,

Issk
    Fenthen and Raccoo like this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

House of Thule and Veil of Alaris Collector Editions are currently available on the shop.

House of Thule is priced at $39.99.

Veil of Alaris is priced at 7999 DBC.

Packs | EverQuest
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There have been tons of posts asking for this. Daybreak did listen and brought out VOA but priced very high. But that is the players own fault cause many of them said they would pay anything.....so there ya go.

Your next question about account transfers has a worse probability of happening than more collectors editions coming out in the marketplace.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I also don't think we will be seeing any more past Collector Editions soon due to the lag, server instability, and commerce issues as of late. I am also concerned that the shift from the 'House of Thule' account unlock to a 'Veil of Alaris' bundle claim may portend to deeper issues with commerce transactions (e.g. account unlocks being difficult to encode).

In terms of pricing, it has been discussed in other threads (as recently as last week). CatsPaws is right. People were clamoring for old Collector Editions with many saying they were willing to pay any price (some pronouncing a willingness to pay $100-$300).
  5. Warpeace Augur

Actually they might bring those collectors editions back out because of all the TLP's. Keeping in mind not all are locked and several do progress to live there are potential sales there.

I think the $39.99 would be a solid price point for those and drive sales for may accounts. But given current pricing I'm going to guess they will push the price point as high as they think they can.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. KrakenReality Augur

Yeah, it’s a silly notion to think that they wouldn’t dust them off. Different teams and different projects and priorities.
    Coagagin likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

The problem if they did bring them to marketplace they would have them stupid high and nobody would buy them. I would be interested in the hive house.

Andarriel
    Bobokin and Elyssanda like this.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Me too , but not at $100+
    Bobokin likes this.
  9. Tygart Lorekeeper

I wouldn't mind it. I would like to get the collector's TDS for pirate ship house.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

On the flip side, bringing back limited edition items can undermine current limited edition sales (current Collector Edition and Premium Edition). FOMO (fear of missing out) is a major motivator for similar-type sales in the present.
  11. KrakenReality Augur

Here we go again...
    Sindace likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Click on my profile (on the left) and press 'Ignore.' You're welcome.
    yepmetoo and Sindace like this.
  13. Numiko Augur

I would like to see them add more too, and I agree the $39.99 price point seem much better way of selling them vs using daybreak coins. I bet they sell well to the TLP folk because the bags and most cosmetic things are claimable from day one of the servers. mounts claimable in luclin, though no stats anymore from them till later on.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think $39.99 per item is fine but $39.99 for an entire expansion Collector/Premium Edition contradicts the definition of 'veblen goods' and actually cheapens the goods (lowers demand). I bought 1 'House of Thule' pack for $39.99 but its constant availability and lower price actually soured my demand for more purchases (that is the Veblen good & FOMO effect).

Before anyone confronts me about high prices and rarity, Pantheon MMO's 'Ascendant Pledge' asks for $10,000 and Ashes of Creation's 'Adventurer Pre-Order Pack' charges $500. Darkpaw/EQ1 doesn't have the same kind of packs to leverage for cash except in past Collector/Premium Edition items (and FanFare/Beta rewards should they decide to sell those). With many players spending tens and hundreds of dollars on LoN and Heritage Crates, Collector/Premium Edition items should be priced appropriately (not undermining other facets of the shop and original purchasers/OGs while hitting an optimal revenue price point).

Edit: Darkpaw should offer past Collector/Premium Edition items for a limited time (e.g. 3 day flash sale) at $20-$40 per item. Most gaming companies (i.e. Epic Games, EA, Blizzard) follow this rotational model for their shop.
  15. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

You're a broken record on this FOMO and Veblen nonsense that honestly makes people skip any other good points you make. Taking a class in consumer behavior and regurgitating academic theories about a game with less than 100,000 subscribers..you should have asked your professor how applicable these are because, on scale, they are not.
    There is academic knowledge (what you learn in school) and applied knowledge (how that academic knowledge pans out in the real world). I would wait a while until you have more of the second which will season your reasoning a bit better.
    That being said, DP please release the Kracken we need more clickies to buy!
    Coagagin and Raccoo like this.
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

Dang so I guess I will keep all these Philosophy bombs I been ready to drop since the 80s to myself...
    Benito likes this.
  17. Nolrog Augur

Didn't we just do this one like a week ago?
  18. Bobokin Augur

Having each of them up for a limited time at the final discounted price is a good idea. Having them up at $79.99 is a waste of resources.
    Raccoo likes this.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Not happy with my opinions? Put me on ignore.

Darkpaw needs to capitalize on the optimal price point (i.e. $20-$40 per item on a rotational shop at the very least) or else this game will end up like Pantheon MMO or Ashes of Creation seeking "angel investors" for $10,000 pledges. Better to have sense of normalcy with a slightly pricey shop than desperate moves years down the road - remember $300 lifetime subs? (People will argue that the money won't be reinvested in EQ1 but EG7 is a new owner and this game needs show it remains a lucrative business).
  20. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I wouldn't mind hearing some Troll philosophy...
    Coagagin likes this.