Persistant Pet illusion bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tutankamen, May 4, 2021.

1. Tutankamen Augur

There doesn't seem to be any specific pin-pointable reason as to why some characters keep pet illusions when they zone and some don't... Persistant illusions should apply to pets, but doesn't appear to. Some players are able to keep their pet's illusions up but can't specify as to why that is... some can't. I think this is a bug -can this be looked into?
    Rashari likes this.
  2. Tinkeringmule New Member

Yeah - that is similar to what I have recently been experiencing - mine has a twist in that the item I use for the pet illusion used to give me 6 hours or so now only 2 and it *never* used to drop illusion on zoning, but now it drops frequently. Methinks they changed the item (which is a quest reward/drop in chest) to "align" with other pet illusions ... thx EQ ...
  3. Krittor New Member

Really would be nice for the pet illusion to be permanent. Why not? Its my pet I want it the way I want it to work. If all I have to do is reclick an item, and it takes like 1 second. Really, why not just make it permanent? As a BST I want my warder to be my warder all the time.
  4. Kyttn New Member

As far as I am aware, persistant pet illusion currently requires that you have the familiars keyring (so Heroic characters, or people who have bought that feature from the store). Does that match your persists/not pattern?
    menown and Moege like this.
  5. Tutankamen Augur

That's wrong- my Enchanter does not have the familiar keyring and his pet is permanent illusion.
  6. Krittor New Member

So with that if I drop my scorpion illusion into it ...my warder will always be a scorpion? It's a metamorph thing not a familiar.
  7. Rashari Elder

It's not only the illusion, pet also loses the shrink after zoning or coming out of illusion.
    Some players report it is linked to the Station Cash Familiar Key Ring - if so, why is there no official statement from DB, why and when this has been changed? Recently returned to the game, I cannot remember that in 2011/2012 I had to reshrink my pet or recast illusion on it after every zoning ...