Overseer 3 quests to 5 quests...Gold or Current Xpac to activate?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Deux, May 5, 2021.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I have a F2P alt account and their Overseer quest max is 3 at a time...to get to 5 would buying the current xpac enable that or do I need to buy one month of gold access to activate? Thanks in advance
    SunDrake likes this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Gold.

I had 5 quests active on my accounts before I had current expac. Come to think of it, they still don't have current (ToV, no CoV).
    Deux likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Some players who are F2P do have 5 quest option instead of the 3.

I filed a petition on this and was told -
    We've received similar reports about this issue from other players, and we've reported it to our QA and Development Teams for review. We kindly ask that you bear with us as they investigate this issue further, and work towards any necessary fixes.

The I was told to:
    Additionally, the bug report section of the forums can be found here: http://www.everquest.com/bugs
    I would suggest filing a report in that section as well to further elevate awareness, as other players that may be similarly impacted can chime in and up-vote the issue. Instructions can be found here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-report-and-upvote-bugs.260061/

My Silver accounts have 5 quests, just like the Gold ones.
    Deux and SunDrake like this.
  4. SunDrake Augur

Interesting. Yeah, all of my accounts have 5 available Overseer quests per 12 hours. In expansions, most have CoV, one has ToV, and one is still at RoS from autogrant expansions. Each have been Gold / All Access at some point, but the casters mostly stay F2P unless I need to grind AA or something. So if you have access to a Krono, a fix would likely be to use it to go Gold for a month, revert to Silver, and keep 5/5 Overseer status [at least that has worked for all of my accounts.]
    Deux likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think a lot of this is that there is confusion about what everyone's account status is. For ease of referring to it if you look above your list of characters when you are signing in it will tell you if you are Silver or Free (F2P/green) or Gold.

Because you used that Krono your casters are Silver. While they are free they are not F2P. And that makes the difference. Silver flags your account for general chat, the 5 Overseer and some other things.

I already did the Krono thing on another alt so he is Silver with 5. But it doesn't really bother me enough to spend a Krono on that other account to bring her up to 5.

The number of expansions is not related to how many Overseer quests you have but.......... it is related to shared bank space SCHWING! that one is out of left field for sure boys!
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

A F2P account is now always a free to play account unless it is gold.

Using a krono will make it gold for a month, but it won't turn the account silver.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Nm I didn't believe others when they did it so I can see why others still do not either
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Gold accounts were terminated on April 29th 2014 with the transition to the All-Access subscription plan, any accounts that were created prior to that date were "grandfathered", should those accounts subscriptions or consumed Krono time lapse they go to Silver status.
    Any accounts created after April 29th 2014 revert to standard Free to Play accounts when they lapse.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Deleted sorry
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

Eating a single krono takes you from 3 to 5. I have a completely FTP account with a druid on it. I ate a krono back when there was a free heroic deal. She has... at least 4, could be 5. I think it is 5 but I don't want to tell you wrong. Definitely 4 at least though. More than my other FTP accounts and it changed as soon as she ate the Krono. It's definitely not tied to a recent expansion.
    Deux likes this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I have a FTP account my wife rarely used, I have made it all access with krono and with a paid subscription. It is FTP (green) right now.

I wish it would make you silver though.

But paid accounts that lapse to FTP do end up with 5 overseer tasks, unless it was some level of purchasing. That FTP account lets me do 5 still.
    Deux likes this.