If there becomes a back-up to Mischief, which will the "competitive" guilds' server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hythos, May 5, 2021.

1. Hythos Augur

If multiple servers are opened with matching rule-sets, are those large guilds that plan to jump from Mangler & Aradune (and Riz?) going to Mischief? Or would they be spreading to the two (or however many servers are opened)?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Serious (competitive?) guilds (maybe not necessarily players) never go to the backup servers. It's just kind of the way these things work.
  3. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Have any guilds announced something like this? There's been nothing on the mangler discord about that.
  4. Relentless Insomnia

With a commitment from Daybreak on launching two servers, and a merge schedule I think you'd find the bigger guilds would be a lot more willing to work something out to spread out.

But yeah..with no merge schedule...or a merge schedule being so far out(Omens+ expansion) you'd see us all playing together on the primary server.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Just think, all this congestion could've been avoided. I guess whoever controls the purse strings wants all the negative PR that is coming May 26th when players face 12+ hour queues.

Master Kahleem, topple and Appren like this.
  6. taliefer Augur

Still not sure why they wouldnt just open up both servers from the get go, especially if they are confident they can merge them later.

not that I think theyd need to, there is enough interest to easily populate 2 healthy servers imo.
  7. Hythos Augur

Yep.
    Ragefire & Lockjaw, for example... I can't recall which was the "overflow", and which had the competitive draw.
    Sure there will be "server-firsts" on both Mischief and if/whatever else comes, and we can expect someone with the box-army will awaken the sleeper ASAP. I was just wondering what server(s) the majority of large guilds will migrate to (and yes, I could expect that would be Mischief).
  8. Vindaven Elder

Faceless went to the backup server (Lockjaw) from Ragefire.
  9. brickz Augur

My prediction is nobody is going to want to go to the overflow server. The benefit of less population is being able to camp items you want with less competition... but on this server its impractical to camp any particular item. So if you want a particular item you will have to trade so you will want to be on the bigger server where more people are generating items to sell
  10. Laronk Augur

The login queues were so bad last time around I ended up just giving up
  11. sieger Augur

Yeah, you need a committed plan like with Teal/Green and you'd have people using both servers more equally, including the more hardcore players. The "when we get around to it" server merge model is proven to take many years and basically be a terrible experience for those on the smaller server. See: Vulak and Lockjaw.
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

What people say they will do when they can't get into the first server: blah blah
    What people will actually do when they can't get into the first server: Use the second server
  13. Demetri Augur

Interesting thought, I'd been planning on overflow to avoid toxicity (assuming it goes up, which seems likely) - but the market and spreading concepts are worth considering as a counterbalance. Tougher call.
  14. Machen New Member

No, what actually happens is that people who can't get into the first server sit in the queue for 12 hours and post toxic complaint threads to the forums.
    Tweakfour17, Kylo Classic and Lejaun like this.
  15. Loxias New Member

And then got run off the server by EoE, went to to the test realm to practice zerging, and then claimed a competitive win on a server that no one else showed up to? Yeah, Faceless going to the backup server is probably relevant.
  16. Moforyguy Elder

I'd like to know how this company can't successfully merge a server when p99 did it easily?
  17. TLP Addict Augur

Only aware of one "competitive" guild forming up for this server, they intend to batphone OW targets and will probably get most of them.

Having multiple guilds fighting over targets doesn't occur every TLP.
  18. CokaRZ "Oh! they baited us"

Which guild would go onto the back up server I wonder?
  19. Ridlance New Member

Further proof that hoodens comment is accurate.
  20. Mrjon3s Augur

Make it truly mischief and pull an Uno reverse. Merge mischief into the overflow server. Then thepeople on the overflow are actually on the main server and the people on mischief are on the overflow.