New Tradeskill ideas

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, May 3, 2021.

1. Drakang Augur

To make some more money off us tradeskill junkies. How about allowing us to buy a set of New Tanaan Alliance Tradeskill vendors (ie the ones near the small bank) that we can put in our guild halls?

We have the Hunter Slayer Achievements for killing so many of each category of mob.
    How about The same type thing for tradeskills. IE Make 1000 Velious Surf and Turf Platters or 5000 Bat Wing Crunchies. Complete enough of them and the devs could be really nice and let it boost tradeskills up. Nothing huge. Maybe 5-10, tops 15 points so its not something that would drastically impact skills.

Complete every single one of them in a tradeskill and get a special title and an ornament IE. complete all the baking achievements and you get a chefs hat ornament.
    Jewelers loop helm ornament for Jewelry.
    Smithing either a giant smiths hammer ornament for a weapon or an anvil ornament. I mean you do all that smithing and you probably are strong enough to swing an anvil although that would require some animations and would be more complex.
    Fletching a very fancy bow ornament.
    Brewing a mug ornament for your weapon.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

These ideas make me about as excited as the following video does.

Act of Valor and KarmaKitty like this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

They still haven't made a Guild Hall Research Table (you have to use a "regular" house version which requires upkeep). And how hard could that honestly be to make?

I think your faith in them being able to do what you ask for guild halls is perhaps misplaced.

And no more boosts to tradeskills at this point unless they are willing to redo the code. And your tradeskill hunter idea sounds an awful lot like who can collect the most stuff. We already have the Artisan Prize stats for that.

Ornaments like the trophies might be nice for those that want the look.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd rather they added the recipes to create spells after RoF for Spell Research, you know what it was intended for.
  5. Drakang Augur

lol well my idea to have new spells not be sold and only available via research landed like a thud with people lol.
  6. Zarkdon Augur

Allowing research tradeskills to make rank 2 spells would be a nice reason to do do it. Allowing research to make rank 3 spells/abilities for older content would be nice too. There are lots of melee disc and some spells that are used for many, many levels. Ie beastlord shared merciless ferocity.
  7. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

My Tradeskill wishlist:
    • I second what Yinla said. Researching spells is the point of spell research, not making augs.
    • I want to actually make crafted gear again instead of crafting a container for combining a no trade drop. Having crafted items that can be upgraded with something no trade that is dropped is fine, especially if it is raid quality (RoS phlogiston). What I really don't like is that the last 3 expansions haven't had a tier of crafted gear that can be equipped directly. This isn't a system of crafted gear, it's a system of requiring something crafted to make use of the drop you get.
      • My tradeskill pet peeve has been the haphazard way that tradeskills have followed some formula for a while, then something completely different is implemented. Original cultural -> PoP gear -> DoN cultural -> revamped DoN cultural for several expansions -> nothing at all in TBM, just a few quest items in EoK -> Conflagrant (and Phlogiston for raiders). There were significant issues with all previous models, but what was wrong with conflagrant that going to a completely different system was going to be better?
    • Farming old zones for tradeskill drops is a huge PITA. I'd like to see something done to eliminate the need to spend hours obliterating entire zones just to get enough drops to gain a single skill point (after you've spent 425 AA points to raise your cap for that skill to 350). Maybe if people still leveled in those zones, there'd be enough of the items dropping to get them through the bazaar (buyer or trader), but those zones are largely empty except for the tradeskill farmers.
    • Copies of the PoK supply vendors for each tradeskill that can go in guild halls.
    Barraind, Rashari, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  8. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Conflag was probably the best implementation of tradeskill armor we have ever had, by a significant margin.

Except for the bits that need fish scales. Oh God, why do fish scales work that way. It shouldn't take 20 hours of autocombining to make 15 pieces of armor.

The current model is awful.
    Moege, Yinla and OlavSkullcrusher like this.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

It would be nice if the "MAKE ALL" button really did make all the combines at once. Roll the dice and lets see how many of them fish scales made it all the way to sheets!
    Coagagin likes this.
  10. Hegsheoshed Augur

I want a trade skill task/mission in Freeport where you finally get to kill Judge Marion Teld'mare for all of her smarmy comments. Maybe people are right and I don't take criticism well.
    adetia likes this.