Starting Mischief in Kunark discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Docc Holiday, May 3, 2021.

1. Docc Holiday New Member

I know this has been brought up before and I think it's a pretty solid idea. Skipping the classic start all together has it's pros and cons of course. Is it even an option from a revenue standpoint? Curious if the devs or any players heard this being a possibility on any future TLP? Or if it's just out of the question for multiple reasons?

I would say a poll is a good idea, but it's not, haha. Would love to hear others viewpoint if they would want to start in classic or kunark if given the choice?
    Chuuk and Boze like this.
  2. Rcbauer Augur

Ive said it before and i'll say it again:
    A server that starts in kunark but has Bst and Ber from the start would need at least 4 overflow servers.
    Arctodus and Xanathol like this.
  3. Docc Holiday New Member

That would be a very fun server!
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd like to see a Kunark start, also.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

It's not gonna change 1 month out.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Probably not, but it's been known to happen. When did we find out Aradune and Rizlona wouldn't be locked at PoP? Or was it Omens?
  7. Docc Holiday New Member

Well it could easily be changed 1 month out, they just announced the server the other day. They've had history of changing things before launch date on TLP's.

But realistically not looking for it to happen now, just want to have the discussion and see if others in community want it also. It may be able to help change a future TLP for the better if the community agrees upon it.

It's also a great way to mix up the TLP scene some! I think a lot of people like the fact Mischief is already mixing it up quite a bit and should be a fun server!
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Kunark start is asked for quite a lot due to the expanded zone list and by a large number of Iksar wannabes.
    Trilogy-start (Classic + Kunark + Velious) does get asked for primarily on the basis of having more zones available.
    Luclin start by Beastlord Wannabes
    LoY by Froglok wannabes etc.

I don't object to a Kunark start but for how much different to the standard TLP Mischief is already doing a month of classic is not long to wait - you have to consider that if the server is massively over-subscribed it's going to be suffering queues until the overflow goes active so how much of that classic era is anyone really going to see anyway.

And while it would be nice to be able to have every single class & race and combination available in Classic the only way we are probably ever going to see that happen is with a Level-Locked Progression server.

An LLP would be the first to make the revamped 1-75 levelling path found in TSS (Hero's Journey) actually get proper use.
    Things like OOC regen, Defiant gear etc could then be tied to a level-unlock rather than an expansion for a LLP.
  9. Falafel Lorekeeper

I'd like to see a launch with a level 50 cap, but everything in kunark is also open with the exception of completable epics and kunark raid mobs.

Would that make classic raid mobs easier? Ya. Does it really matter at this point? No.
  10. a_librarian Augur

It's only one month of classic lol. You have never been given a better opportunity to just start up in the era you want, the population will still be booming one month in. Besides they need to save these expansion start gimmicks for the future servers
  11. Nolrog Augur

They aren't starting in Kunark. The server is already set up and the details set in the calendar. And seriously, it's 1 month.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Good news! You can start in Kunark! Server launches June 23! Although to reduce queue times and server load they're gonna let some people in up to a month early, that was the population/levels will be a bit more spread out!
    Zarkdon and Skuz like this.