Chat channels dead on FV (Not sure about other servers)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Caisy, May 3, 2021.

1. Caisy Master

I haven't seen any messages about this, but no chat channels are working on FV. Is this known and I missed it? If so, apologies, if not, please fix it. :)
    Drexyll and dank like this.
  2. dank Journeyman

Same on Povar: no chat channels; no friend's list.

Earlier today I noticed that chat channel commands didn't seem to be working correctly. Then, I started getting "unknown error" messages. I relogged, and now it just fails at "autojoining channels."
    Drexyll likes this.
  3. bomodo New Member

in FV ------>>> /join general channel is usually full and sometime /general 1 as well .

i have seen as well /general 2 full and had a few into /general 3.

/join newplayer is almost maxed as well specially in weekend .

you can try to join any ( or all ) of them and type /list to see if anyone is there.

sometime it take several ( many ) tries to be able to enter the general chat you want to be .

chat channel is ( was ) max at 400 , but i was able to enter general chat here and there who was at over 400, so not really sure about the max ( pretty sure it is 400 anyway ).
  4. Caisy Master

The issue isn't not knowing how to join channels, the issue is that there are no channels working at all.
    Drexyll likes this.
  5. Drexyll Lorekeeper

I don't even have the option to try to join any channels. When I open up the little window and put cursor on "Channel" the options "Tell" and "Channel" are blacked out. Also no Friend's List-totally wiped out.
  6. bomodo New Member

edit : yeah i logged into FV and you are right , they are not working..............
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

I can't stop seeing "Cat Channels" after that last thread.
    Elyssanda, Celephane and CatsPaws like this.
  8. Schadenfreude Augur

It needs fixing right meow.
    Andarriel likes this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yup my ignore list is being ignored lol.

Andarriel
  10. dank Journeyman

They seem to be working again now, on Povar.